Associate Director Clinical Operations Oncology
Are you the experienced Clinical Study Project Manager who is ready to become our new Associate Director Clinical Operations Oncology at Acerta Pharma?
Due to expansion of our team in Oss we are looking for an additional
Fulltime, (4 days can be discussed)
As an Associate Director Clinical Operations Oncology you are accountable for the management and development of your team, consisting of clinical operations specialists. Your team of specialists is supporting the delivery of clinical oncology studies. You will lead or participate in functional activities supporting day to day business as well as change and improvement projects. Together with the leadership team at Acerta Pharma in the Netherlands, and your international colleagues at AstraZeneca, you are responsible for providing strategic, tactical and scientific leadership.
You will also have the opportunity to be responsible for delivering development programs or leading multiple studies / single complex studies, if this is where your interest lies. The exact accountabilities will differ, so a high degree of flexibility and autonomy is required.
At Acerta Pharma & AstraZeneca we all have the same goal; making an important contribution to the quality of patients' lives!
Your responsibilities include:
• You manage a team of 8 Clinical Operation specialists (Clinical Study Leads & Clinical Study Associates) who work on different oncology clinical trials (small and/or large molecules).
• You are responsible for the development and performance of your team, setting goals and objectives and overseeing their professional development.
• You work on a more complex and challenging clinical oncology study/trial (large or small molecules).
• You contribute significantly to the overall strategic direction and development of the department and align the departmental objectives with the overall business objectives.
• You drive productivity improvements and innovation within the group.
• You lead, participate and represent Study Operations in strategic work streams.
• You build networks with relevant stakeholders within Acerta Pharma & AstraZeneca to facilitate the sharing of ideas and relevant findings.
What do we ask from you?
• Master in a relevant scientific discipline such as Biomedical Sciences or a discipline related to Clinical Research.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in operational support and delivery in early clinical development and clinical project management. International clinical project management experience is a benefit.
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience of managing and motivating a team, proven experience in bringing your team to the next level, both as a team and at an individual level. Strong experience in helping drive performance.
• Line management experience (people management, resource management and recruitment) would be a benefit.
• Strong experience with working and delivering through strategic partners and 3rd party vendors.
• Ability to manage change and actively seek and champion more efficient and effective ways of working.
• Competences: strong communicator, proactive, flexible, team player, problem solving skills, good negotiation and collaboration skills.
• Fluent in English, it is a benefit if you speak Dutch or willing to learn Dutch.
What do we offer you?
• A dynamic, innovative, international working environment and be part of the development of the new medicines which can make the difference to the lives of patients.
• The possibility to work in a small, dedicated team where you can learn from each other. The team spirit is very good!
• The possibility to cooperate with your international colleagues from the translational science and clinical departments of Acerta Pharma in the US.
• The opportunity for further career development.
• A competitive salary and excellent secondary employment conditions, including: 8% holiday allowance, 25 holidays on an annual basis based on fulltime employment, 1 day a week you can work from home, collective pension scheme with a fixed percentage, car allowance and bonus package. The vitality of our colleagues is important to us, therefore we offer you a discount towards your sports membership or you can make use of our bicycle plan.
In this position you will report to the Site Head of Acerta Pharma in the Netherlands. The 2 Clinical Operations teams in Oss consists of Clinical Study Leads and Clinical Study Associates. Recently we have hired 8 new colleagues (Study Leads & Study Associates & an Associate Director Clinical Operations Oncology), they joined Acerta Pharma at the beginning of 2020. The current and the new team will be brought together.
We work closely together with the Clinical Operations teams in Cambridge and Gaithersburg.
The culture is informal with an excellent team spirit. Willingness to share and to learn from each other in an open atmosphere are key to our success. We work for the same objectives and goals!
Acerta Pharma B.V. started its operations in 2013 and is a leader in the field of covalent binding technology and is applying this technology to create novel, highly selective therapies for cancer.
After obtaining promising data from a phase 1b/2a study in chronic lymphocytic leukemia patients in 2015, the company received a lot of international attention. In February 2016, AstraZeneca acquired a majority share (55%) of Acerta Pharma and is a committed partner for the hematologic oncology field. At the end of October 2017, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) granted accelerated approval in the US for acalabrutinib for previously treated mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) patients. And in second half of 2019, the FDA approved acalabrutinib for adult patients with Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia and Small Lymphocytic Leukemia.
If you are interested in this vacancy, we would like to kindly ask you to apply and send us your CV and motivation letter by clicking the button below.
You can upload your CV and motivation letter at the second page.
If you have questions left, please contact Caroline van Oppen, Karin Raadschelders or Cynthia Smit from our Recruitment team at email@example.com or +31(0)85 - 047 0244.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.