Marketing Manager/Sr. Marketing Manager – Hematology Key Customer Engagement
The Marketing Manager will be a part of the Hematology Customer Marketing Team reporting to the Associate Director, Key Customer Engagement and will be based in Gaithersburg, MD. Key areas of emphasis for this role include national and local/regional convention planning and execution, peer to peer programming support, and support of key thought leader strategy, influence mapping, and insight generation.
The role will be responsible for helping to position AstraZeneca externally as a leader in the treatment of hematologic malignancies. The marketing manager will work in close partnership with cross-functional partners including HCP and consumer marketing, field sales, medical, market access, and other functions, in order to support the execution of a robust customer strategy.
• Serve as the key point on the hematology marketing team for all congresses, coordinating with cross-functional teams, ensuring timely execution and effective communication of plans
• Lead congress booth design and implementation, sponsorships and media, and field coordination/support for Hematology Franchise
• Work closely with members of the marketing team to coordinate assets and content as needed to fit within exhibit booth experience and layout
• Support peer to peer programming efforts as needed including the development of speakers and content for brand led product and/or exhibit theaters
• Support the development of a robust thought leader strategy including influence mapping, coordination of activities, and insight generation through advisory boards and third-party meetings
• Develop and manage a formalized communication process to bring thought leader insights and congress key learnings back into the extended marketing team
• Manage partner agency and vendor relationships, workflow, and related expense budgets
• Possess strong leadership, business acumen, and ability to manage multiple priorities, processes, timelines and expectations of multiple stakeholder groups
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
• 3+ years of pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industry experience in one or more of the following areas: brand marketing, sales, strategic planning, project management
• Oncology experience required
• Be available to work some evenings and weekends
• Strong project management, communication, and leadership skills
• Hematology experience
• MBA in marketing or pharmaceutical marketing
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and stakeholders
• Ability to strategically develop and gauge feasibility, impact and risks of programs
• Comfort operating in a highly regulated environment
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.