Manufacturing Specialist - Lead Investigator-Day Shift-Operations
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the utmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
Our Frederick facility creates life-changing medicines for people around the world. We make a direct contribution to treating people with cancer, respiratory and autoimmune conditions across the globe. From catered site festivities to competitive events, community outreach activities, environmental and wellness showcases and team-building events, we take time to recognize our achievements. The Frederick Manufacturing Center is dedicated to creating a culture of inclusion and collaboration. We host yearly Inclusion and Diversity conferences and have an employee resource group devoted to promoting diversity and inclusion and enhancing employees' professional development through interactive and engaging events and initiatives. We are also an award-winning employer and has been recognized as a ‘Top 50’ Business in Frederick, and Frederick County’s ‘Best Place to Work’ distinction in 2015 and 2019.
As a Manufacturing Specialist - Lead Investigator-Days-Monday-Friday in the Manufacturing group at Frederick, MD, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
What you’ll do:
You will be responsible for the Manufacturing Specialist-Lead Investigator duties, which will include:
- Initiating, owning, managing and documenting Critical, Major, and Minor site deviations and major site safety investigations.
- Leading investigative teams of relevant partners to identify breadth, scope, product impact, and root cause(s) of deviations.
- Delivering detailed, well documented investigation reports within required timeframes to meet business and compliance needs.
- Recommending and facilitating the implementation of CAPA plans, with actions having “line of sight” to the identified root causes, to prevent recurrence.
- Collaborating across functions including Manufacturing, Quality, Manufacturing Sciences and Technology, Engineering, and Supply Chain operations and focusing on high-quality investigations, meaningful corrective actions, and reduction of deviations.
- Performing trend analysis of deviation events and their causes to identify system level actions required to improve the performance of site operations.
- Utilizing and promoting the use of lean tools, problem solving tools, and human performance tools in during investigations while developing corrective actions and improving of site processes and performance.
- Owning, reviewing, maintaining, and approving procedures within GMP systems.
Essential for the role:
- BS/BA degree preferred in engineering, biological sciences or life sciences, or equivalent field of study. Associates and High School Diploma acceptable with appropriate experience.
- 7 years or more of work experience post-bachelor’s degree in GMP manufacturing and / or technical or quality support of GMP operations.
- 10 years of work experience with Associates degree.
- 15 years' experience with High School degree.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Lean/Six Sigma certification preferred. Solid understanding of Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Human Performance, and other continuous improvement tools and approaches.
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you!
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be an excellent fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.