ServiceNow Release Manager - Guadalajara
AstraZeneca is one of the world’s most exciting bio-pharmaceutical companies. From scientists to sales, lab techs to legal, we’re on a mission to turn ideas into life-changing medicines that improve patients’ lives and benefit society. We are active in over 100 countries and we employ over 60,000 people. We are an innovation-driven biopharmaceutical with over 60 years of experience.
AZ Global Technology Center Guadalajara
The AstraZeneca GTC in GDL, is a vibrant, high-energy facility, fully equipped to support our business with 490 IT professionals. We continuously improve our IT environment by innovating for competitive advantage. We are fully committed to redefine and provide support to enterprise-wide IT solution platforms, infrastructure and services.
The ServiceNow Release Manager Guadalajara Role Profile
The ServiceNow Release Manager Guadalajara is a key role in the AstraZeneca ServiceNow organisation which is responsible for the planning, resourcing and delivery of new features by stories, enhancements, epics and projects. The role holder will work with a wide variety of stakeholders who use the shared services platform across IT, HR, Finance, Legal, and other key business functions. The role has a keen focus on ensuring quality and timely deliverables through the ServiceNow sprints, ensuring that work is delivered to the specification to allow the customer to realise business value as per the demand/project initiative. Developing and nurturing strong relationships with the ServiceNow team in Chennai and the UK is critical to the role success, as is working closely with the ServiceNow Release and Resourcing Manager (UK) and the ServiceNow Service Manager (UK/Chennai – tbc). This role has people management responsibility for the ServiceNow developers/sys admins in Guadalajara.
- Manage the sprint deliverables assigned to the Guadalajara team, taking a handover from the Chennai and UK based release managers to ensure a seamless delivery for our customers and maximum release success
- Facilitate Scrum and Agile ceremonies such as: sprint planning, daily sprint stand-ups, sprint reviews and sprint retrospectives
- Working hand-in-hand with the ServiceNow Chennai Team Lead to provide a seamless experience to our customers and to ensure that the Chennai and Guadalajara teams act with a “one team” mindset, learning from each other, sharing and ensuring that both teams succeed in their goals
- Working closely with the Delivery and Resourcing manager and the Run Manager to ensure that the required delivery of ServiceNow sprints is met and that we meet our Service targets for incident, problem, change, request and customer satisfaction
- Leading the ServiceNow team at the Guadalajara GTC to create a high performing, engaged ServiceNow team
- Onboarding and supporting the development of new resources in the ServiceNow team. Working with the local Guadalajara leadership to source and appoint early talent and develop.
- Supporting the development of ServiceNow team members through the AstraZeneca personal development process, encouraging the use of the AstraZeneca learning tool and encouraging the development and mastery of ServiceNow skills
- Acting as a key member of the global ServiceNow leadership team, taking part in governance and decision-making as required
- An unrelenting focus on driving quality and working to improve standards and delivery in the ServiceNow Guadalajara team
- Act as a key member of the local End User Services Leadership Team in Guadalajara providing local support for End User Services and supporting in creating an engaged team across the entire GTC workforce
Candidate Knowledge, essential Skills & Experience:
- Experience of ServiceNow platform is highly desirable
- Proven experience in Project Management or Software Release Management
- Proven experience of Agile IT project management life cycle activities and deliverables
- Agile or equivalent project management accreditation is desirable
- People leadership skills, coaching and people development
- IT Process knowledge desirable, e.g. Incident, Problem, Change, Request & Knowledge
- Stakeholder management and engagement
- Excellent customer centric behaviours and a demonstrated customer approach to delivery
- Experience in managing and developing stakeholder relationships and driving commitments and agreements on actions and direction
- Ability to analyse requests or issues and provide the best possible outcome.
- Proven ability to work well in and across diverse global teams
- Experience in conflict resolution / arbitration / negotiation to achieve the best results
- Influencing, networking and team working skills
- Proven ability to communicate both written and orally at all levels
- Proven ability to collaborate across multiple internal teams and external where required
- A self-starter with high levels of drive, energy, resilience and a desire for professional excellence
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.