Project Support Officer
The role will help develop, implement and maintain on a day to day basis the following processes within the operating model;
- Project portfolio Financial management (Budgets and forecasting and accruals management)
- Portfolio Status and Financial reporting to various levels of IT stakeholders
- Training and educating project managers and business owners in AZ Finance processes
- Portfolio data analysis and management of variances with delivery leaders
- Resource demand and supply and allocation planning, resource charging and reporting
- Analysing the portfolio delivery effectiveness, PPM data quality and process compliance
- Creating reports and dashboards from within the ServiceNow PPM tool
- Completing project or portfolio level health checks in line with the delivery operating model
- Business Benefit tracking
- Arranging portfolio workshops and meetings with stakeholders as required and logging actions
- Support the creation of portfolio level presentation materials
- Liaise with AZ finance teams for project cost postings, reconciliation queries and error resolution
- Raising purchase requisitions and invoice tracking
- Continuous improvement of all the above processes
Essential Skills/key capabilities:-
- Min 5+ years experience working in a PMO environment
- Min 5+ years experience of Project budget (Opex & Capex) forecasting, actuals tracking, analysis and reporting
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel and the use of pivot tables and graphs
- Excellent writing, verbal English, communication skills and concern for high standards.
- Excellent data analytical skills and problem solving experience
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise and plan using own initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience of working with global teams across different timezones
- Experience / knowledge in project management methodologies.
- Solid experience of PowerPoint and Creation of Portfolio, project, resource status dashboards
- The ability to work as a flexible, self-learning and pro-active team member.
- Self-motivating and able to work without close supervision
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.