Sr Medical Information Manager: roles in Immunology, Respiratory, Renal, CV and Metabolic
THIS POSITION IS BASED AT OUR OFFICE IN WILMINGTON DE. WE DO NOT OFFER A RELOCATION PACKAGE FOR THIS ROLE.
The Senior Medical Information Manager is responsible for the execution of US & global Medical Information brand/therapeutic area deliverables, including answering medical inquiries from healthcare professionals, reviewing/providing scientific consult to promotional materials, and development of scientific content to support Medical Affairs. Generally, this role is focused on two main areas: scientific content/brand support and/or customer engagement. The area of focus is determined based on the current needs of the Therapeutic Area.
Demonstrate scientific and business expertise relevant to therapeutic areas, including products, disease state management, emerging therapies, and the competitive landscape
Collaborate with key stakeholders to identify scientific information to meet customer needs
Monitor the medical environment (including medical inquiries) and apply scientific expertise, integrated with regulatory and compliance knowledge, to impact Brand/Therapeutic Area strategy
Provide scientific training to the Brand/Therapeutic Area Medical Information colleagues
Provide staffing support for the Medical Information booth at scientific conventions
Scientific Content/Brand Support
Accountable for Medical Information contribution to promotional review (US market only) by:
- Providing strategic scientific consults on brand messages
- Reviewing promotional materials for content and accuracy
- Contribute to the prioritization of review for promotional materials
- Coordinate development, review and approval of clinical Data on File Packets to support promotional claims
Contribute to and or lead the development, review and maintenance of Medical Affairs scientific materials, including Managed Market documents, in collaboration with Medical Affairs colleagues
- Incorporate customer insight to identify, update, and develop scientific materials
- Coordinate with Medical Affairs colleagues, outsource providers, and vendors (as needed) to develop content
- Content includes standard response documents, slide decks, Q&As
Participate in Medical Affairs training initiatives to:
- Provide consult to Medical Affairs key stakeholders and vendors to shape the content and development of training materials
Other activities include:
- Coordinate, create, and/or review submissions to external Drug Information Resources and Evidence-Based Practice Centers.
- Lead the compendia submission process for Medical Affairs
- Provide consult to Regulatory/Labeling committee and the publications team on brand publications
- Customer Engagement
- Respond to medical inquiries and engage in appropriate scientific information exchange with Health Care Providers via multiple channels (i.e. verbal, written, live at congress MI booths).
- Manage accurate, focused, and scientifically balanced clinical and scientific information exchange with Health Care Providers that support the appropriate use of AstraZeneca products.
- Utilize multiple approved technologies to engage customers in appropriate scientific exchange
- Identify, analyze and/or report trends in medical and scientific insight (including medical inquiries) to Medical Affairs stakeholders
• Advanced degree in Pharmacy (PharmD preferred), Pharmacology, Science or equivalent clinical experience
• 1-3 years experience in pharmaceutical industry-based Drug/Medical Information or equivalent industry experience
• Demonstrated expertise in drug information communication and management
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
• Ability to apply local regulatory (e.g. FDA), legal, and compliance requirements to Medical Affairs activities and drug information delivery
• Understanding of the information needs for various customer segments
• 2-4 years experience in pharmaceutical industry in drug information, preferably in Medical Affairs
• Clinical Pharmacy experience with patient care exposure
• Drug Information Residency or equivalent experience
• Experience working with Commercial or Brand Teams
• Strong leadership ability
• Medical information call center experience
• Experience leading projects and teams
• Managed Markets or HEOR experience
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.