National Oncology Account Director - New England
AstraZeneca’s vision in Oncology is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm, with the aim of bringing a broad pipeline of next-generation medicines focused principally on six tumor areas - breast, ovarian, lung, gynecology, genitourinary, gastrointestinal, and hematological cancers. As well as other tumor types, these are being targeted through five key platforms - immunotherapy, the genetic drivers of cancer and resistance, DNA damage repair, and anti-body drug conjugates underpinned by personalized healthcare and biomarker technologies.
We have an opportunity to really lead, encouraging others to be open to always learning, especially from failures. It’s an exciting opportunity to make our mark on the healthcare ecosystem, the industry and business, and, most importantly, our patients. Currently inviting you to consider a role as a National Oncology Account Director (NOAD)in the New England market (Boston to Providence).
You will leverage your clinical and business knowledge and experience in order to make a meaningful impact on patient care with a global pharmaceutical company. The NOAD engages account leadership and key access decision-makers to advance Oncology business opportunities and objectives.
NOADs are critical to enabling product access to support pre-launch and post-launch activities including formulary/pathway placement within accounts and with third party pathway organizations and MACs at the appropriate time and with the appropriate ethical and compliant practices. This role will evaluate contract execution and pull-through as well. The NOAD identifies opportunities for strategic collaboration across key oncology accounts and partners with internal AZ teams and external partners (i.e. State Societies, CINs, Alliances) as appropriate to execute on business opportunities and initiatives. Ensures ethical business decisions and actions are consistently demonstrated and is a role model for ethical and compliant leadership.
The NOAD may also lead Associate Directors of Oncology Regional Accounts (ADORAs). As a leader, the NOAD will be a role model for living AZ values who diligently and consistently upholds our ethical standards and compliance expectations.
- Understands the overall strategic business and cross-portfolio priorities of AZ Oncology, the healthcare market dynamics and drivers within the geography and nationally, and the business drivers and operational aspects of assigned accounts including strategic priorities and applies this knowledge to account planning and account management
- Partners with the cross-functional team, including sales leadership to assess strategic opportunities within the geography and key accounts to formulate strategies and plans
- Actively shares market dynamics, account insights, and competitive intelligence internally across cross-functional teams
- As the lead in targeted account team planning for assigned accounts, the NOAD leads and integrates oncology account planning and account management activities across the AZ oncology customer-facing teams and brand teams aligned to clear objectives and accountability
Stakeholder Identification & Engagement
- In assigned accounts, lead for executive-level customer engagement with account leadership and access decision-makers
- Compliantly engages with customer account leadership to effectively communicate clinical and economic rationale for AZ products and thus secure product formulary and EMR inclusion, as well as appropriate treatment plan development
- Partners with Medical Affairs and access strategy as appropriate to communicate health economic data and real-world evidence to provider and pathway institutions
- Proactively identifies issues and challenges with accounts and engages with appropriate AZ resources in the development of customer solutions.
- Enables and leads account collaboration opportunities for business (disease state & above brand) addressing customer and market requirements; presents business case for opportunity evaluation
- Ensure contract execution in targeted accounts; GPO contract pull-through in accounts. Lead non-GPO contracting process where appropriate and aligned to business objectives in assigned accounts
- AZ point of contact for State Societies & other organized external groups: leads communication and cross-functional engagement to maximize outreach opportunities
- Enables product access and formulary/pathway placement within accounts/third party pathways and MACs
- Provides regular coaching to ADORA(s) based on direct and indirect observation of performance
- Embraces, coaches, and role models an ethical, diverse and inclusive mindset while recruiting, hiring, and developing a high performing team with a culture of inclusion
- Bachelor’s degree
- A valid driver’s license and safe driving record (Company Car Provided)
- 5+ years of market access related experience
- 7+ years of experience in a pharma
- 4+ years of experience in oncology sales
- Must live in assigned market
No relocation is provided
- Validated understanding of customer segments and regional market dynamics within oncology
- Strong proficiency in critical thinking, project management, communication/presentation, and arbitration/influencing skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Oncology clinical science and fluency in translating clinical outcomes and health economic data
- Strong financial management and business acumen
- Experience in sales leadership, field reimbursement, pharmacy leadership, medical leadership, or healthcare institution quality
- Demonstrated project management experience
- At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering innovative methods, and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
- Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you!
Where can I find out more? Our Social Media
Follow AstraZeneca on:
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca has taken critical steps to protect colleagues, loved ones, and patients from COVID-19 and its variants. COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US employees, and weekly PCR COVID-19 testing is required for those who are unvaccinated or have an approved accommodation.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.