Global Reporting Manager
AstraZeneca is organized around two core business units: BioPharmaceuticals (BBU) and Oncology (OBU). The BBU focuses on development and commercialization of AstraZeneca’s Respiratory, Cardiovascular, Metabolic, Renal, and Infectious Disease therapeutic areas.
Global Insights, Analytics & Commercial Excellence (GIACE) is a strategic function, critical for enabling success in the growth of the BBU business. Our ambition is to build an industry-leading organization, empowering our Commercial teams through the generation of compelling evidence and insights, while ensuring they have the tools and skills to deliver impactful launches that change the practice of medicine for the benefit of patients. Within GIACE, the Insights & Analytics function is organized across four teams that support both the Global and US organizations:
- Respiratory Insights,
- Cardiovascular, Renal and Metabolic (CVRM) Insights
- Commercial Reporting
- Business Planning & Capabilities
The Insight Teams and the Reporting team partner to drive portfolio and brand strategy and performance. Together we strive to uncover deep customer insights in order to drive improved decision-making and business impact.
The aim of the Commercial Reporting team is to enable insight-driven decision making and performance management across the enterprise by redefining the reporting ecosystem. To achieve our objective we work on the following themes:
- Establish & Practice Governance
- Covert user requirements into technical solutions
- Improve the User Experience
- Integrate & Converge Solutions
- Evolve for Scale
- Collaborate with regional commercial teams across the enterprise to identify commonalities
- Simply the user reporting experience
The team has a mix of subject matter expertise who are responsible for a variety of reporting suite ecosystems accessible through multi device technologies. It works cross functionally in the commercial function to establish brand performance tracking and enable improved decision making for commercial leadership. Standard methodologies and initiatives are gathered by the team and shared across the AZ enterprise with teams working in a similar function to support different areas of the business.
The Global Reporting Manager is responsible for supporting the reporting and performance management efforts associated with primarily Global commercial teams and secondarily above market regional teams. They will help enable the next generation data/analytics platform to drive outstanding and multifaceted performance management. This role will require business partnership across the enterprise with multiple customers within Insights & Analytics and beyond including Global Marketing Teams, Global Commercial Operations, IT, and Senior Leaders both in Global, region and in key markets.
The Reporting Manager will be partnering with the Global Reporting directors and the Global Brand Insight and Marketing teams. They will translate business needs into corresponding KPIs and performance management reports/dashboards, sought at improving insight on business performance and prompting action. Responsibilities include monthly performance reporting as well as more comprehensive quarterly reporting. They would partner with the rest of the Global Reporting team and the Commercial Reporting Lead to deliver highly efficient operations and automation for standard or routine deliverables.
This role is reserved for someone with marketing and research experience who has deep quantitative technical skills combined with outstandiinterpersonal skillslls. As such, those who will qualify for this position are both technically sound and have the ability to be a proactive internal consultant, contributing to AstraZeneca's commercial organization beyond their analytical prowess through their understanding of secondary data, industry knowledge, and track record of innovative and impactful decision support.
- Develop a deep understanding of internal customers' data and analytical reporting needs focusing on the customer-facing leadership model
- Establish new reporting solutions to supervise new brand / indication launches in key global markets
- Convert user requirements to technical solutions and rollout improvements within business performance reporting tools
- Migrating new improvements from development teams to BAU operating models
- Co-lead the build and deployment of a next generation unified Data & Analytics Platform within a cross functional development team
- Establish communication of a schedule for the delivery of all required reports, SLAs for change request and documentation / operational oversight of a QA/QC process for reports
- Partner across Global and Markets to establish a common set of business rules, KPIs, and a single version of truth.
- Collaborate with the rest of the Global Reporting Team, Global Commercial Teams and Commercial Operations from key countries to ensure success of key business processes and coordination on joint initiatives
- Develop innovative analytical practices to build and sustain competitive advantage.
- Develop SME knowledge of business intelligence tools and sources used by AZ global customers
- Development, maintenance and communication of work stream findings to key internal customers, through a variety of communication channels
- Standardize and share best performance management practices within the team and with relevant Global and local commercial functions
- Demonstrate a high level of understanding of the points of integration of our work and that of our colleagues.
- Monitor the external environment to stay up to date on leading analytic and reporting capabilities, both within and outside of pharma, which can be applied within the organization
- Instil a culture of continuous improvement, testing, and deployment of new capabilities for the business.
- 3+ years of analytical experience, including experience in advanced analytics techniques and application.
- 3+ years’ experience in Pharma Industry/Health Care/Consulting, including experience in making decisions on major drivers of product success, advising on drug development candidate process and Health Care environment.
- 2+ years’ experience utilising a range of analytics involving large set of data preferably in the Pharmaceutical Industry (e.g. IQVIA, claims data, epidemiological data etc.)
- Reportable accomplishments around converting derived insight into strategic mentorship
- Outstanding business acumen, critical thinking and understanding of sales and marketing business practices
- Ambitious mindset to impact leadership and high emotional intelligence
- Experience advising senior level executives, strong mentor and problem-solving skills
- Strong ability to influence laterally and vertically
- High degree of creativity and innovation in developing innovative approaches, processes and methodologies
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- Advanced degree preferred (e.g., PhD / MBA / Masters in areas such as Statistics/Decision Sciences)
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.