Director for Media Procurement
Director for Media Procurement – Wilmington, DE
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're passionate about the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
The Director for Media Procurement, supports category strategy development and associated initiatives for all media planning and buying subcategories for the company, with particular focus on the NA region.
They are a subject matter authority in indirect sourcing with prior experience in procurement of marketing related spend categories, preferred. They proactively partner with business team members in Marketing and Media Strategy to develop category strategies and lead sourcing projects, enable scope definition and demand management, as well as leading supplier performance and innovation activities.
The Director for Media Procurement, will be responsible for:
- Category Management
- Collaborating on the development of global category strategy recommendations
- Ability to communicate strategy in a concise and persuasive fashion
- Lead the implementation of the sourcing strategies and regional sourcing plans
- Establishing strong relationships with key WBD partners in Media and in Marketing
- Supplier Analysis & Management
- Developing a comprehensive understanding of broader supplier and industry trends and dynamics
- Steering agency/supplier relationship management programs that span multiple AZ therapeutic areas in close partnership with key collaborators
- Financial, Cost, Spend Analysis
- Building a deep knowledge of the underlying cost and value drivers at the market, supplier and or subcategory level within media
- Analyzing spending patterns to identify new opportunities for value creation
- Sourcing-driven Project Management
- Identifying and implementing complex sourcing projects, including those that may involve outsourcing analysis and total cost of ownership considerations
- Effectively guiding cross-functional teams in selecting agency and supplier partners that deliver best total value for AZ
- Negotiations, Contract Creation & Management
- Developing negotiation strategies, contract analyses, and sourcing communications.
- Collaborating with partners and legal counsel to lead negotiations and contract execution
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Curious, passionate, self-starter with strong business partnering orientation
- High integrity and work ethics – AZ values
- Highly collaborative and agile team member
- Must be knowledgeable of and experienced in the successful implementation of Strategic Sourcing best practices
- Proven project management experience including balancing varied priorities across multiple timelines and stakeholder groups
- Strong ability to analyze situations and resolve complex issues
- Growth mindset and partnership approach towards suppliers
- Experience in working with business leaders in formulating and executing on business strategy
- Comfortable delivering in a large, complex, and matrixed organization
- Able to gain trust and influence others
- Can deliver professional and effective communications that are persuasive, and result in positive impact on the business
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- 8+ years strategy, operations, and sourcing experience in a sophisticated sourcing environment, preferably with Paid Media specific experience in digital and traditional channels
- Solid experience and subject matter expertise in marketing related spend categories
- Clear understanding of holding company structure
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States
- Prior media planning and buying procurement experience is preferred
- Previous work in the Media & Entertainment industry is preferred, but not required
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, groundbreaking innovative methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this extraordinary opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
Find out more on Social Media:
About Operations https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gak5Ham8oUw
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.