Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist – Diabetes (Wichita, KS)
Are you an experienced Sales Professional looking to be part of a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? If you’re passionate about what science can do to make a difference to patients' lives and ready to discover what you can do – join us.
Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist – Diabetes in (Wichita, KS) you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to have positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
AstraZeneca's strategy in CVMD is a patient-centric approach to disease treatment, so we are tackling multiple risk factors by uniting our cardiovascular (CV), metabolic and chronic kidney disease (CKD) areas into one integrated approach – cardiovascular and metabolic disease (CVMD). This approach means we look at the CVMD patient as a whole rather than by disease area, because we know that cardiovascular disease is a well-known consequence of diabetes and CKD. Each of ours focus areas seek to further reduce morbidity, mortality and organ damage by addressing multiple risk factors across cardiovascular (CV) disease, diabetes and chronic kidney-disease indications. The patient-centric approach is reinforced by science-led life-cycle management programs and technologies, including early research into regenerative methods.
What you’ll do
- You will develop outstanding product and disease state knowledge and effectively educate and engage healthcare professionals in dialogue about clinical evidence, approved indications, and product efficacy/safety profiles to support on-label prescribing for appropriate patients.
- You will function independently with a high degree of sales proficiency to drive sales performance and ensure sales forecasts and assigned budgets meet or exceed therapeutic and territory expectations.
- By developing and maintaining in-depth knowledge of market, demographic, and managed care information relative to your territory, you will be able to work with your Regional Sales Director and District Sales Manager to develop a local strategy and business plan to generate recognizable increases of sales.
- You will capitalize on formulary approvals and other opportunities through effective implementation of the Strategic Targeting Plans by using a wide variety of promotional, personnel resources and analytical tools to maximize effectiveness in assigned sales territory, based on local assessment of customer needs.
- You will provide special education to healthcare providers through appropriate programs that fall within AstraZeneca’s ethical guidelines and work with other Pharmaceutical Sales Specialists around common objectives to coordinate selling efforts.
- Bachelor's Degree
- A valid driver's license and safe driving record
- Knowledge of the medical, healthcare or pharmacy industry and skills in clinical
- Pharmaceutical Sales experience a plus
- Proven effective organizational and interpersonal skills
- Leadership, self–motivation and initiative
- Proven judgment and decision-making capability
- Be results oriented with demonstrated time management skills
- Ability to learn, analyze, understand and convey complex information
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and digital literacy
No company relocation assistance provided!
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagramhttps://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
So, what’s next!
- If you are interested, please apply.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.