Senior Scientist – Epigenetics and Transcription Regulation, Oncology Bioscience
Senior Scientist – Epigenetics and Transcription Regulation, Oncology Bioscience,
AstraZeneca will be hiring multiple Epigenetic Scientists throughout the year.
AstraZeneca is dedicated to discovering, developing, and delivering innovative, meaningful medicines and other healthcare solutions that help enrich the life of patients, as well as their families and communities. At AstraZeneca Oncology, our vision is redefining cancer, redefining our solutions to cancer and restoring patients' lives.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled scientist to join our Epigenetics Team in Oncology Bioscience. As an In VitroSenior Scientist, you will use your technical and scientific expertise to build the epigenetics profiling platform in Oncology Bioscience. You will also lead the efforts on the identification and validation of novel epigenetics targets, assay development, compound profiling, and characterization of the mode of action of epigenetic therapies. Additionally, you will play a key role in the execution of epigenetic projects and will work closely with scientists across functional groups.
- Develop and implement epigenome profiling assays, including ATAC-seq, ChIP-seq, DNA methylation assay and single cell ATAC-seq, to support AstraZeneca’s expanding epigenetics portfolio
- Lead efforts to identify and validate novel epigenetic targets
- Design and execution of in vitro proof of concept studies to support the characterization and development of candidate molecules
- Collaborate productively with medicinal chemists, discovery biologists, NGS scientists and bioinformaticians to integrate preclinical data
- A MS or PhD in biology or relevant field
- Extensive knowledge on Epigenetics and Transcription Regulation with at least 5 years of research experience in epigenetics and/or Cancer Biology with a strong publication record. Experience in pharmaceutical industry is a plus
- Experience in epigenetic profiling studies, including ChIP-Seq, ATAC-Seq, RNA-Seq, WGBS/RRBS. Experience in single cell approaches is a plus
- Adept at managing multiple priorities in an efficient and organized manner
- Excellent track record of ability to work in a fast-paced team environment, with strong communication, organization, efficiency and leadership skills
- AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
- Next Steps – Apply today!
- To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.