Medical Science Liaison CVRM (Mazowieckie, Podlaskie, Lubelskie)
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
AstraZeneca aims to become a recognized leader in its core therapy areas and improve the lives of millions of people. This will be achieved by driving excellent launches, building close collaboration and partnerships with stakeholders in health care systems, and developing high- performing teams.
As a Medical Science Liaison You will be responsible to ensure that our innovative products reach the patients with proven benefits in line with the approved label. Medical Affairs activities in relation to our medications is key to make meaningful differences to patients.
The position is a field medical role, comprising cooperation with medical office-based functions and engagement in external activities and travelling across regions: Mazowieckie, Podlaskie. Medical Science Liaison is a medical affair professional with excellent scientific understanding and knowledge in cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Medical Science Liaison is a scientific leader and will be responsible for entire existing and emerging CVRM portfolio.
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL)
- is responsible for providing medical and scientific support regarding AstraZeneca’s (AZ’s) marketed products and compounds in development to a variety of stakeholders both internal and external to the organization
- reports into the Medical Affairs Department
- engage in in-depth medical and scientific product or disease area discussions, and presentations in a non-promotional scientific context
- responds to customer inquiries that supports the appropriate use of AstraZeneca's products and services in a patient focused manner
- maintains expertise in disease state management, emerging therapies and the competitive landscape; gathers customer insights regarding AstraZeneca and competitor products to help inform medical and commercial strategies and adhere to internal standard processes and comply with regulatory and compliance requirements
- provide scientific support in educational events
- develops and implement a KEE engagement plan
- organize and lead scientific exchange meetings or regional advisory boards
- proactively identifies KEEs with high levels of scientific expertise
- builds AZ relationship with key external stakeholders (e.g. patient advocacy groups, key medical organizations, hospital pharmacy) consistent with Medical Affairs’ objectives
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- College/university degree in science or clinical qualification, with relevant scientific experience.
- Ability to interact with and manage a range of stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated expertise in discussing scientific content and context to a variety of audiences.
- Familiarity and/or experience with the pharmaceutical industry, it’s regulatory environment, clinical research, disease state and treatments and the area of the field medical science liaisons
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel (% varies with geographic responsibility).
- Good communicative English
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.