Finance Intern in Tax Team - 12 months Career Starter Program
Team: GFS Tax (and Statutory Accounting)
Do you have passion for finance and would like to develop your career in a global department? Would you like to work in the company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
The Career Starter Program in Finance at AstraZeneca is aimed at graduates and students of the last years of universities who want to use the knowledge gained during their studies in practice. This is an opportunity to raise your professional qualifications in one of the most innovative global biotechnology companies.
Join a vibrant and dynamic team with the passion and drive to push the boundaries of science!
Global Finance Services(GFS) is at the heart of the AZ Finance function. We are accountable to the AZ Group for the design and delivery of high quality, simple to operate transactional finance processes which, combined with exceptional business analysis and insight, enable our customers to focus on AZ’s strategic priorities.
About the Team:
The team is a part of global team of experts with a regional focus. Team is dedicated to supporting the global Direct Tax Compliance and Statutory processes. You will rapidly gain tax compliance and operations experience across a range of taxes and jurisdictions. The role requires an enthusiastic individual with accounting capability, a commercial mindset and interest in learning about AZ’s business.
Your core accountabilities will include:
- Analyse transactional data using AZ’s data analytics capability, categorization of P&L transactions, identify items with tax sensitivity
- Plan, prepare, submit underlying accounting information used to prepare AZ’s tax returns for multiple markets
- Support Group Tax with information for ad hoc requests, including significant tax transactions or tax audits
- Assist with the preparation of the quarterly, year-end tax provision for Group statutory reporting purposes, ensure controls framework is fully complied with
- Assist in the preparation of AZ’s direct and indirect tax returns
- Assist in the management of import clearances
- Assist in the reconciliation of VAT accounts
- Support with ad hoc requests in relation to VAT and CIT.
Essential for the role:
- Student or graduate with the Tax / Finance / Accounting / Business / Economics background
- Strong analytical and organization skills
- English Language proficiency
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Energy and enthusiasm
- Knowledge of MS-Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
The internship will last 12 months.
Please remember that we work in a hybrid scheme, be prepared to work partially office based (minimum 3 days per week).
Don’t miss your opportunity! We are waiting for you!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.