Finance Intern in Commercial FP&A Team - 12 months Career Starter Program
Team: GFS Commercial FP&A
Do you have passion for finance and would like to develop your career in a global department? Would you like to work in the company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
The Career Starter Program in Finance at AstraZeneca is aimed at graduates and students of the last years of universities who want to use the knowledge gained during their studies in practice. This is an opportunity to raise your professional qualifications in one of the most innovative global biotechnology companies.
Join a vibrant and dynamic team with the passion and drive to push the boundaries of science!
Global Finance Services(GFS) is at the heart of the AZ Finance function. We are accountable to the AZ Group for the design and delivery of high quality, simple to operate transactional finance processes which, combined with exceptional business analysis and insight, enable our customers to focus on AZ’s strategic priorities.
We are looking for graduates or students of the last years of universities who want to use the knowledge gained during their studies in practice. This is an opportunity to raise your professional qualifications in one of the most innovative global biotechnology companies.
Your core accountabilities will include:
- Preparation and consolidation of monthly business performance reports
- Support in budgeting and planning process across EMEA markets
- Process documentation / update of manuals and team procedures
- Ad-hoc report preparation for special projects
- Month End Closing (MEC) - GL trend analysis, Journal Entries (accrual posting, reclasses), Intercompany invoicing, preparing month end reports
- Financial Planning & Analysis - planning tool usage, headcount review, manpower cost and opex cost calculation, preparing analysis and explanations, result commentaries
- Capex project accounting – MEC and planning tasks
- Project support – using financial and system knowledge to help budget owners with decision making.
Essential for the role:
- Willingness to work and develop in finance
- Pursuing a degree in Finance/Business/Mathematics/Economy or similar
- Financial knowledge
- Experience with Excel and Power Point software
- English Language proficiency (written and spoken)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good analytical skills & eye for detail
The internship will last 12 months.
Please remember that we work in a hybrid scheme, be prepared to work partially office based (minimum 3 days per week).
Don’t miss your opportunity! We are waiting for you!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.