Evidence Enablement Manager
BioPharmaceuticals Medical (BPM) ensures the best patient outcomes by providing healthcare decision-makers around the world with the evidence and confidence they need on AZ therapies and support our internal stakeholders with medical insight and expertise. BPM provides medical leadership with market participation and connectivity while also impacting the life cycle planning and execution of all our products. Global Medical Affairs aims to lead AstraZeneca in achieving scientific leadership, being a great place to work, and keeping patients at the core of everything we do.
The Medical Evidence (ME) organization is accountable for the delivery of global strategic studies needed to generate the evidence to build confidence in AZ therapies; including observational, interventional and externally sponsored research required by Global Product Teams and Global Medical Teams.
As part of the Medical Evidence Enablement Team, the Medical Evidence Enablement Manager drives the implementation of business processes and simplification of tools and technology platforms to enable evidence delivery within BioPharmaceuticals and Oncology Medical Evidence and Regional and Local Market evidence and publications teams.
The Evidence Enablement Manager will be responsible for organizational operational decisions, driving system simplifications and ensuring tool/system alignment with strategic direction and defined processes; anticipating business needs and acting as a primary Evidence business process SME when working across AstraZeneca and acting as the primary liaison for IT project teams to ensure enablement projects are on time and that proper business representation is available. The Evidence Enablement Manager will lead large change management projects within Medical Evidence and communicate progress and statuses to Medical Evidence leadership and drive project Steering Committees.
The Evidence Enablement Manager also has the unique opportunity to act as a product/component owner of one of the Medical Evidence systems which is transitioning platforms. As product owner, the Evidence Enablement Manager will help define the vision, manage product backlog, act with autonomy to prioritize Evidence needs and engage the proper business representatives where necessary.
Tools and technology platforms supported by this role include, but are not limited to DataVision, CLEAR, Evidence, Evidence Explorer, Veeva Clinical Vault and eTMF, SharePoint Online and macro-enabled excel tools.
- Ownership at the product/component level of Medical Evidence systems and tools
- Develop & Implement change management plans across global, local and regional Evidence teams
- Responsible for organizational operational decisions and ensuring tool/system alignment with strategic direction and defined processes.
- Act as business process SMEs when working across R&D enterprise systems
- Liaise with IT project teams to ensure enablement projects are on time and that proper business representation is available
- Escalate and manage issues to resolution
- Lead steering committees and inform Evidence Leadership of progress and status of system/tools related projects
- Bachelors degree in business or technology relevant discipline
- Oustanding communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills with geographically dispersed colleagues
- High level awareness of the overall pharmaceutical product development process, including stages of development and functional area
- Proven ability to apply analytical thinking in issue/risk identification and resolution
- Experience in delivery of Externally Sponsored Research studies
- In-depth understanding of current ESR delivery process and systems
- Experience in developing and prioritizing business requirements for IS/IT development & deployment
- Experience in proactively identifying risk and issues
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to follow tasks through to completion
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multitask
- Strong proficiency in key Microsoft Office programs (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong work ethic and high standard of integrity
- 5 years of relevant experience from within the pharmaceutical industry or similar large multinational organization
- Experience in clinical operations
- Knowledge of AZ enterprise IT systems such as Veeva/ACCORD/PLANIT
- Experience in successfully developing and executing organization wide change-management programs
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work across various workstreams
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.