Evidence Enablement Associate Manager - 9 month secondment
BioPharmaceuticals Medical (BPM) ensures the best patient outcomes by providing healthcare decision-makers around the world with the evidence and confidence they need on AZ therapies and support our internal stakeholders with medical insight and expertise. BPM provides medical leadership with market participation and connectivity while also impacting the life cycle planning and execution of all our products. Global Medical Affairs aims to lead AstraZeneca in achieving scientific leadership, being a great place to work, and keeping patients at the core of everything we do.
The Medical Evidence (ME) organization is accountable for the delivery of global strategic studies needed to generate the evidence to build confidence in AZ therapies; including observational, interventional and externally sponsored research required by Global Product Teams and Global Medical Teams.
As part of the Medical Evidence Enablement Team, the Medical Evidence Enablement Associate Manager plays a key role in supporting the implementation of business processes, tools and technology platforms to enable evidence delivery within BioPharmaceuticals and Oncology Medical Evidence and Regional and Local Market evidence and publications teams.
The Evidence Enablement Associate Manager has the unique opportunity to collaborate and build relationships with global and local market evidence delivery teams across AstraZeneca and will work closely with internal IT/enablement partners, external vendors, and service support teams to drive continuous process improvement, resolve operational issues, and provide maintenance and business acceptance testing support for Evidence owned technology platforms, enterprise interfaces (e.g., VEEVA/ACCORD /PLANIT) and tools. Additionally, the Evidence Enablement Associate Manager will provide targeted training & awareness sessions for Medical Evidence owned tools and technology platforms and engage with Global and Local Market evidence delivery and publications teams to promote consistent utilization.
Tools and technology platforms supported by this role include, but are not limited to DataVision, CLEAR, Evidence, Evidence Explorer, Evidence Connect, Veeva CTMS and eTMF, SharePoint Online and macro-enabled excel tools.
- Act as a subject matter expert on Medical Evidence tools and technology platforms
- Act as the lead of the Publications change control board and drive the analysis of the effect of Publications system enhancements/changes on technology platforms.
- Act as the lead of the Evidence Explorer change control board and drive the analysis of the effect of Publications system enhancements/changes on technology platforms.
- Communicate upcoming system enhancements/changes and anticipated timelines to key stakeholders.
- Participate in business acceptance testing for enhancements or changes to Medical Evidence technology platforms and tools
- Provide business support for issue identification and resolution in Medical Evidence owned technology platforms and tools
- Coordinate and deliver awareness/training sessions for Medical Evidence owned technology platforms to Global and Local evidence delivery and publications teams
- Provide operational support to Global and Local Market publications and evidence teams as needed
- Escalate and manage issues to resolution
- Bachelors degree in business or technology relevant discipline
- Oustanding communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills with geographically dispersed colleagues
- High level awareness of the overall pharmaceutical product development process, including stages of development and functional area
- Proven ability to apply analytical thinking in issue/risk identification and resolution
- Exposure to IS/IT service support & deployment with focus on issue analysis or testing
- Experience in proactively identifying risk and issues
- Experience in working on a cross functional team in a matrix organization
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to follow tasks through to completion
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multitask
- Strong proficiency in key Microsoft Office programs (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong work ethic and high standard of integrity
- 3 years of relevant experience from within the pharmaceutical industry or similar large multinational organization
- Experience in clinical operations
- Knowledge of AZ enterprise IT systems such as Veeva/ACCORD/PLANIT
- Experience in SharePoint Online site maintenance
- Experience or aptitude for Microsoft Excel macro programming (VBA)
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.