Data & Advanced Process Analytics Engineer
Location: Warsaw or Cracow
The Data, Automation and Analytics Services team within Global Business Services (GBS) has been established to deliver data and digital services to AstraZeneca and lower costs to serve.
The Process Mining team have established themselves as a pivotal advanced analytics capability that can unlock processing capacity and value at AstraZeneca through automated process discovery, analytics, and automated decision-support workflows. We drive data-led process performance improvements by transforming digital process data into process models using sophisticated process mining techniques. Custom analyses & workflows are built using these process models to generate the business insights needed to drive process performance improvements.
We are looking for an insights analyst and data engineer to join the Process Mining team as we scale the capability and deliver process mining solutions across AstraZeneca.
Main duties and responsibilities
Working alongside the Senior Managers within the Process Mining team, the role will be responsible for the following activities:
- Work closely with stakeholders to help answer key business questions about the process
- Identify required data sources and working with IT to set up data acquisition pipelines to the process mining platform
- Develop custom process models using process mining techniques
- Leverage both regular business intelligence dashboard reporting and more sophisticated programmatic techniques to deliver process insights to stakeholders
- Build automated workflows to facilitate pro-active process interventions
- Degree in Computer Science, Business Informatics or a comparable degree
- 1-3 years experience working with data & analytics
- Experience working with relational databases using advanced SQL queries
- Knowledge of ETL
- Ability to produce visualisations to communicate data effectively with experience in a data visualisation tool
- Good programming skills with experience in Python
- Analytical skills to be able to discover, analyse and draw insight from complex data sets
- Excellent communication skills to work with stakeholders daily
- Energetic, organised and self-motivated
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.