Business Unit Director Rare Diseases
At AstraZeneca, we are united by a common purpose: to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines. Every day, we make a difference by delivering potentially life-changing medicines to millions of people worldwide. Our purpose is results-oriented and so is our approach. Becoming a more agile and creative company means building a dynamic, inspiring culture where we celebrate diverse, bold thinking, are curious, creative, and open to new insights and ways of working.
AstraZeneca is accelerating the expansion of our geographical footprint in rare diseases following the acquisition of Alexion in 2021. Rare diseases is a high-growth therapy area with rapid innovation and significant unmet medical need. Over 7,000 rare diseases are known today – yet less than 1% of them have an approved treatment.
As we begin to build our position as a Rare Disease leader, we seek a Rare Diseases Business Unit Director to join our Commercial Team in Poland.
The Business Unit Director will work very closely with the Country President in HQ to deploy and adapt the AZ Commercial strategy to the local market, including tactics and execution.
What you will do?
The Business Unit Director will lead the Rare Disease team ensuring the best marketing and sale strategy to achieve a market leading position by delivering budgeted or above growth, sales, contribution and market share through directing, leading and motivating team and supporting their effective cross-functional team working. The role is an important part of the Senior Management Team (SMT). Together with Country President and other SMT members build and implement strategy and co-creating a culture of dedication, innovation and entrepreneurship based on company values.
- Own the delivery of the sales and cost targets and accurate contribution of given brands. Actively lead sales and costs via business planning processes (RBU). Provide clear recommendations to SMT on key business strategies such as budget, overall staffing, key personnel changes, key strategic elements, major tactical programs, and any issues having significant business risk
- Own the development and implementation of the TA Brand Strategy Plan(s) and the campaign plans to achieve the agreed goals, running costs and taking actions to timely resolve performance if needed. Effectively identify, plan and exploit new brand, existing brand or trade opportunities to develop the business in line with marketing strategic direction. Supervise of using of all sources of market data to develop market models which allow product strategies to be optimised
- Lead, coach, mentor the team in order to ensure a professional development of each team member enabling to reach its objectives and to create the highest possible value to the company. Develop and support strong cross-team collaboration
- Contribute to the development and implementation of market access strategy and plan
- Build efficient relations with various internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrate business ethics and ensure active respect of company values, business ethics, local laws, policies and Marketing procedures. Ensure all activities and responsibilities are carried out in compliance with the high standards of ethics and integrity required by the Code of Conduct, supporting Policies and Standards and Values to protect and improve long term performance and reputation
- Other duties within position’s scope, as assigned by Line Manager
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Significant pharmaceutical commercial experience with a strong performance track record
- Strong senior marketing and senior sales leadership with a successful track record of growing market share as well as preparing for and successfully launching new products and brands. Creative marketing capabilities together with rigorous commercial business sense
- Excellent track record of managing and developing individuals and teams. Demonstrated driver of motivation and cross-functional collaboration
- Significant Pharmaceutical experience within Rare Diseases will be an asset
- Fluent in English
- High standards in ethical behaviour
- Strategic & Analytical skills
- Excellent Communication skills - verbal & written
- Influencing skills
Join AstraZeneca and help us deliver life-changing medicines. Be among our employees who continue to make us an innovation-driven company that stands firmly among the world’s leaders in biopharmaceuticals. APPLY!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.