Business Unit Director R&I
At AstraZeneca, we are united by a common purpose: to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines. Every day, we make a difference by delivering potentially life-changing medicines to millions of people worldwide. Our purpose is results-oriented and so is our approach. Becoming a more agile and creative company means building a dynamic, inspiring culture where we celebrate diverse, bold thinking, are curious, creative, and open to new insights and ways of working.
Business Unit Director effectively leads the TA’s teams to ensure the highest level of professional sales and marketing strategy, to achieve a market leading position by delivering budgeted or above sales, growth, contribution and market share within the given TA through directing, leading and motivating his/her team and supporting their effective cross-functional team working.
The role is an active, contributing member of the Senior Management Team. Together with Country President and other SMT members create and implement strategy and co-creating a culture of commitment, innovation and entrepreneurship based on company values.
- Lead the delivery of the sales and cost targets and proper contribution of given brands
- Lead the development and implementation of the TA Brand Strategy Plan(s) and the campaign plans to achieve the agreed goals, managing costs and taking actions to timely rectify performance if needed
- Contribute to the development and implementation of pricing/reimbursement strategy and plan
- Successfully identify, plan and exploit new brand, existing brand or trade opportunities to develop the business in line with marketing strategic direction
- Lead, coach, mentor employees in order to ensure a professional development of each team member enabling the department to reach its objectives and to create the highest possible value to the company
- Develop and support strong cross-team collaboration
- Actively manage sales and costs via RBU process
- Demonstrate business ethics and ensure active respect of values, business ethics, local laws, policies and Marketing procedures
- Provide clear recommendations to SMT on key business strategies such as budget, overall staffing, key personnel changes, key strategic elements, major tactical programs, and any issues having significant business risk
- Develop working relationships with Medical & MA Department, with Finance, Distribution and HR
- Develop effective working relationships with international (CEE and Area) and other local MC in order to ensure coherence between local and international marketing strategy
- KEEs Management
- Active participation at international meetings and projects where appropriate
- Supervise phasing of Direct Marketing cost, Sales costs, Sales investment and Personal Costs
- Supervise of monitoring of sales and product performance and proper analysis of business opportunities (TAP/KAM)
- Supervise of using of all sources of market data to develop market models which allow product strategies to be optimised
- Supervise of continuation of SFE process
- Ensure all activities and responsibilities are carried out in compliance with the high standards of ethics and integrity required by the Code of Conduct, supporting Policies and Standards and Company Values to protect and enhance long term performance and reputation
- Comply with valid EU and national legislation, the European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations Code of Practice on the Promotion of Medicines (the “EFPIA Code”) and this AIFP Code of Conduct (the “AIFP Code”), where the latter do not conflict with the former.
- Obligation to act in accordance with AstraZeneca and SHE policy and standards, report all accidents (including traffic accidents), occupational diseases, incidents and other abnormal deviations to Line Manager and SHE Coordinator
- With reference to the applicable internal AZ pharmacovigilance documents each AstraZeneca employee faced with information concerning the safety of use of AstraZeneca products has a duty to pass this information provably within 24 hours to an employee who is responsible for pharmacovigilance. Non-transmission of such information is considered serious misconduct, with possible consequences arising from employment relations.
- Each AZ employee reports to the authorized employee suspected defect or counterfeit of AZ medicines
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee. Actual responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the JD and other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job. Your line manager can assign task outside this job description. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change.
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Significant pharmaceutical commercial experience with a strong performance track record
- Strong senior marketing and senior sales leadership with a successful track record of growing market share as well as preparing for and successfully launching new products and brands.
- Creative marketing capabilities together with rigorous commercial business sense
- Excellent track record of managing and developing individuals and teams
- Significant Pharmaceutical experience within Respiratory will be an asset
- Fluent in English
- High standards in ethical behaviour
- Strategic & Analytical skills
- Excellent Communication skills - verbal & written
- Demonstrated driver of motivation and cross-functional teamwork
- Influencing skills
- Cultural sensitivity / International experience
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.