Associate Campus IT Manager
Working within well established guidelines and with readily available higher level support. Typically, working as part of a delivery team, will individual responsibility to serve defined groups within a function and will be a business point of contact; they will be experienced in delivering day-to-day IT support, they will provide detailed analysis, diagnosis and resolution on technical issues.
- Works within a team to deliver effective end user
- Maintains links and networks with other teams/functions/3rd parties that impact on activities undertaken
- Works with management to understand business priorities and tailor support to local requirements
- Reviews policies and processes, identifying areas for enhancement and making recommendations for change
- Mentors more junior staff and acts as a point of reference in own specialist area
- Conducts analysis and prepares reports for issues across IT services delivered
- Ensures the production of reports or analysis, to meet quality standards, and provides interpretation of data
- Works within defined guidelines and policies, adheres to AZ IT policies, processes & SOP’s
- Must show the capability to identify and propose innovative solutions to improve service performance
- Support GMP audit on infrastructure area, such as server room management, data backup, recovery ect.
- Work with project delivery team to ensure projects delivered on time with efficiency
Education, Qualifications, and Experience, skill and Capablities:
- Technical or business degree
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Good business acumen with sensitivity to environment
- Familiar with IT Technical or functional support background
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including relationship and consulting experience
- Knowledge and experience with suppliers and supplier solutions
- Familiarity of working in an international, multi time zone support environment
- Master’s degree
- Some experience of working with third party suppliers
- Experience working in a global organization where stakeholders and project team members are geographically dispersed.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.