Institutional Account Sales Specialist, Acute Care-Santa Rosa, CA
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life-changing medicines and we’re looking for big thinkers who thrive in a highly collaborative environment. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world and in our local communities. We commit to those areas where we think we can change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. Are you ready to make a difference?
AstraZeneca's strategy in Cardiovascular Renal Metabolic (CVRM) focuses on ways to reduce morbidity, mortality and organ damage by addressing multiple risk factors across cardiovascular (CV) disease, life-threatening bleeds, diabetes and chronic kidney-disease indications. The patient-centric approach is reinforced by science-led life-cycle management programs and technologies, including early research into regenerative methods.
As an Institutional Account Sales Specialist, Acute Care-Santa Rosa, CA, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives within our Acute Care Hospital Sales Team. You will help lead the growth and expansion of our innovative and unique product portfolio, following FDA approval, for providers addressing life-threatening bleeds for patients on Direct Oral Anticoagulants (DOACs).
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The primary responsibility of the Acute Care Hospital Sales Representative is to engage key stakeholders within complex hospital accounts, institutional systems and integrated delivery network (IDNs). This includes major Academic Centers, Comprehensive and large Community Hospitals. The Acute Care Hospital Sales Representative is responsible for sales achievement and relationship development across the entire patient journey within aligned institutions and surrounding hospital service areas. Products are promoted, as appropriate, and in-serviced at critical HCP decision points throughout the hospital.
The Acute Care Hospital Sales Representative will:
- Develop and maintain superior clinical expertise with our Brand (s) and disease state/conditions in order to effectively educate and engage Institutional healthcare professionals in a dialogue about clinical evidence, approved indications, and product efficacy/safety profiles to support on-label prescribing for appropriate patients.
- Provide education to these Institutions, HCPs and clinical end-users about AstraZeneca products in appropriate patients and providing information about available patient support programs, where available.
- Where appropriate, collaborate and align efforts with internal AZ stakeholders to engage with key institutions/HCPs, including partnership with other sales teams, medical, and market access teams as needed and aligned to Compliance Guidelines.
- Develop expertise in understanding of their IDN’s, account / market dynamics, stakeholder mapping / management, referral network navigation, access, account department drivers, patient pathway, etc. This includes developing, maintaining, and executing Strategic Key-Account Plans, providing account and patient-focused solutions, and connecting the right solution to the right account stakeholder.
- Function independently demonstrating a high-degree of sales proficiency to drive sales performance and ensure sales forecasts and assigned budgets meet or exceed therapeutic and territory expectations.
- Successfully complete training requirements, including product, condition and disease-state examinations.
- Support and capitalize on formulary approvals, implementation of protocols, and order sets, as appropriate, through effective development of a strategic targeting plan by using promotional, personnel resources, and analytical tools to maximize effectiveness in assigned sales geography, based on local assessment of customer needs.
- Proactively identify business opportunities, present value propositions aligned to stakeholder needs and objectives, and recommend solutions to drive and develop business.
- Provide special education to healthcare providers through appropriate programs that fall within AstraZeneca's ethical guidelines.
- Continuous and autonomous self-education and development, seeking feedback in an effort to raise awareness and gain insight into their strengths and developmental needs.
- Collaborate across functional areas to drive win/win outcomes that align to organizational objectives, demonstrate AZ values, understand basic business principles and interpret resources available to make sound business decisions.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 3 yrs of Pharmaceutical/ Biotech Sales experience with 2 or more years hospital selling experience
- Internal candidate must be Career Ladder Level 2 and above
- Strong scientific acumen in a highly competitive environment
- Demonstrated experience and mastery in account management
- Proven demonstration of successfully engaging key stakeholders in complex cross functional teams and clinical environments (mid to senior level healthcare professionals, key accounts and the medical community)
- Proven, documented track record for delivering consistent, 'Top-tier' sales results in Institutions and hospital systems
- Ability to work effectively independently and in an interdependent, team-oriented environment on a consistent basis
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and organizational abilities
- A valid driver's license and safe driving record
- Ability to travel within territory on a regular basis
- (Internal AstraZeneca Candidates) Ideally should be at least Executive PSS (CL 4) or Sr, Executive PSS (CL 5) at time of consideration
- 6 years Biotechnology/Pharmaceutical sales experience, including 3 years biotechnology/Pharmaceutical sales experience calling on Institutions and Hospital Systems, with preference for in-patient acute care call points
- Sales experience in the thrombosis or cardiovascular space
- Experience pulling through implementation of in-patient formularies, protocols and order sets
- Experience working with Medical Information Scientists/Liaisons (MIS)
- Experience launching new products
- Demonstrated effective time management, organizational and communication skills to prioritize opportunities and execute flawlessly
- Demonstrated effective leadership
- Demonstrated judgment and decision-making capability
- Be results oriented
- Ability to learn, analyze, understand and convey complex information
The annual base salary (or hourly rate of compensation) for this position ranges from $76,000-$174,000. However, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition, our positions offer a short-term incentive bonus opportunity; eligibility to participate in our equity-based long-term incentive program (salaried roles) or to receive a retirement contribution (hourly roles). Benefits offered included a qualified retirement program [401(k) plan]; paid vacation and holidays; paid leaves; and, health benefits including medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans. Additional details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
No company relocation assistance provided.
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.