Diagnostics Liaison Specialist - HCM
Diagnostics Liaison Specialist - HCM
The ideal candidate is a passionate, self-motivated, and detail-oriented team player who is committed to the success of our customers. Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
About AstraZeneca and AstraZeneca Vietnam
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led biopharmaceutical company with a British-Swedish heritage that focuses on the discovery, development, and commercialization of prescription medicines. At AstraZeneca, science and patients are at the heart of everything we do. Based in Cambridge, UK, AstraZeneca operates in over 100 countries and its innovative medicines are used by millions of patients worldwide.
Established in 1994, AstraZeneca Vietnam has come a long way in 27 years of advancing Vietnam's healthcare. We change lives through innovative science with $25mil in R&D investment (2020 - 2024); 40 ongoing clinical trials with 2800+ patients; 44 partnered hospitals and 14 medicines involved in trials. We have built strong public-private partnerships for sustainability and healthcare access through many programs and activities such as Healthy Lung, Young Health Program, Careme, Giá Như, Health System Sustainability & Resilience, Green Energy for Health, Response to Covid-19.
We have gained some recognition for our efforts from the Minister of Health's Certificates of Merits for outstanding contributions to advancing cancer treatment (2019) and exceptional contributions to Vietnam’s fight against COVID-19 (2020); BritCham 2021 Awards for Contributions to healthcare and 25+ years of service in Vietnam; Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union’s Medal and Certificate of Merit for contributions to youths (2021); Excellent Leadership – Visionary Leader Award (2021); HR Excellence – Workplace Culture Award (2021) and Vietnam's Top 100 Places to Work Award (2018 - 2020).
What you’ll do
Job Description / Capsule
The Diagnostic Specialist ensures the timely, high quality in-market companion diagnostics / testing solutions to enable optimal treatment throughout the patient journey.
An important element of the role is therefore to develop strategic and long-term partnerships with relevant Oncology stakeholders and decision makers in the complex Oncology ecosystem, based on a deep scientific understanding of diagnostic tests and the clinical operational issues on the testing pathway, enabling tailored testing solutions to be developed.
Objective & Critical actions
Develop diagnostic strategy
- Develop, evaluate and deliver the national diagnostic strategy for the current and future Oncology products, play a role in shaping national policy
- Generate diagnostics-related insight to shape national brand strategy and tactics
- Monitor and propose improvement plans for diagnostic related brand performance
- Ensure in-market companion diagnostics / testing excellence for all product launches, including market readiness evaluation to inform go/no go decisions
Support testing by improving the testing environment
- Support in-market registration / regulatory approval of future companion diagnostics / other testing solutions as required
- Identify issues in current testing landscape and working with external stakeholders to develop solutions to remove or minimize diagnostic barriers to therapy use, e.g., by optimizing testing pathways
- Work with P&MA to identify innovative access / reimbursement solutions for companion diagnostics
- Develop and help drive diagnostic quality assurance (QA) programmes
- Utilise diagnostics related evidence for medical education activity (e.g., medical evidence, real-world evidence and epidemiology) and identify evidence gaps for either global or local plans to bridge
Develop strategic partnerships
- Assess different testing options in the markets and select and qualify diagnostic partners and testing labs
- Identify and collaborate with national diagnostic and clinical opinion leaders to identify, design and execute activities to optimise the provision of diagnostics associated with the respective brands
- Remove barriers to testing through collaborative partnerships with diagnostic companies, lab networks, KOLs and HCPs
- Help develop testing pathway robustness in all key national clinical centres, including local protocol support, working on identifying and removing bottlenecks in testing pathways, e.g., in counselling
- Present credibly to a wider audience in order to act as company spokesperson on diagnostic scientific matters at congresses, symposia and scientific meetings
Build capability in internal and external stakeholders
Act as subject matter expert for external stakeholders
- Deliver diagnostic related educational initiatives including meetings, exhibitions, congresses/symposia, digital activities
- Give relevant stakeholders in the Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT) and Decision Making Unit (DMU) and testing labs a stronger understanding of the diagnostic landscape, challenges and potential testing solutions
Act as an educational resource to internal colleagues
- Develop diagnostic expertise in cross-functional team i.e. medical, sales, payer evidence
- Engage with, lead and partner with all members of the cross-functional team on all diagnostic related activities to ensure AZ's Oncology products' launch readiness and optimal launch of therapy
Provision of key inputs to P&MA strategy build and implementation including pricing and reimbursement cases for therapy and associated diagnostic tests
Compliance with relevant company and industry code of Conduct and also to comply with local country codes
- Keep regular update and operate within the relevant Codes of Conduct, Ethical Interactions (EI), including GPEI and SOPs
- Be sure to understand AZ policies when engage to KOLs and external stakeholders
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- University degree in life sciences, medical or pharmacy degree
- Experience of broad range of oncology diagnostic, pathology, and therapeutic marketing
- Proven experience with a broad base of external stakeholders including prescribers, payers, providers and track record of effective management of decision-making bodies and governance
- Advanced scientific degree
- Understanding of multiple aspects of Testing environment
- Project management experience
Key Relationships to reach solutions
Internal (to AZ or team)
- Commercial (Sales, Strategic Account Management, Marketing, Procurement, etc.)
- Global Diagnostic leadership
- Cross-functional team, incl. Medical Affairs, Pricing & Market Access, National Legal and Regulatory Affairs, Nominated Signatory, etc.
- Where appropriate; Personalised Healthcare & Biomarkers (PHB) team and Diagnostics Directors
External (to AZ)
- Payer / regulatory stakeholder groups
- Key opinion leaders in both clinical and pathology/genetic testing
- All relevant stakeholders in the MDT / DMU
- Testing centres, Pathology labs, national pathology bodies
At AstraZeneca, we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and fuel your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients, and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and is always committed to lifelong learning, growth, and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
What will you get?
We provide driven packages and benefits for proficient and qualified candidates; a winning dream team and colleagues who share ONE values, ideas, and goals.
So, what’s next?
If you are already inspiring yourself to join our dream team, we can’t wait to hear from you.
If you are ready to bring new insights and fresh thinking to the table, Brilliant! We have one seat available, and we hope it’s yours.
If you’re curious to know more then please take initiative to recruitment.Vietnam@astrazeneca.com. We encourage your application.
Where can I find out more?
Visit our website www.astrazeneca.vn
Follow us on LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/company/astrazeneca/
Contact us via recruitment.Vietnam@astrazeneca.com
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.