Finance Analyst (Controlling)
Global Business Services (GBS) is the heart of the AZ Finance function. We are accountable for the design and delivery of high quality, simple to operate transactional finance processes which, combined with outstanding business analysis and insight, enables our customers to focus on AZ’s strategic priorities. Our remit covers record to report, procure to pay and order to cash, tax, planning & forecasting and management reporting, to customers across AZ Globally in Commercial, Science, Operations & Enabling Functions, Tax, Treasury and Group Finance. AstraZeneca’s Finance function is continuing its transformation journey with the objective of delivering excellence in financial operations.
Your primary focus will be on Statutory reporting, Balance Sheet Governance, Direct and Indirect tax support, Cash Agenda, Transfer Pricing and Financial Control Framework. You will be supporting one or more markets and interact with other Finance colleagues including Cluster CFOs, Country Business Partners and MC Controller.
You will collaborate with a team of 5-10 analysts to perform financial, control & accounting processes, as well as working on external regulatory submissions working closely with the business on a regular basis, and to develop and improve those same processes over time.
- Responsible for month end close process, ensuring timely & accurate delivery of financial information to stakeholders
- Ensure strong control environment across region – FCF (Financial Control Framework)
- Balance Sheet Governance – Ensure healthy position of BS is a priority
- Business Partnering with Marketing Company & GFO (Global Finance Operations)
- Support Cash Generation initiatives
- Direct & Indirect Taxes – Support MC & Tax Consultants providing financial information required to align with Local Tax requirements / liabilities
- Transfer Pricing – providing accurate information regarding New TP and Annual Revisions.
- Statutory reporting - Work with external partner to ensure timely and accurate submission of local statutory reporting to relevant authorities
Other role requirements
- Assist in better business decisions by provision of financial expertise and insightful analysis to all ad hoc queries in line with SLA
- Ensure corporate governance standards are met, taking accountability for effective operation of relevant financial reporting controls
- Identify opportunities for standardisation and simplification across the process area on a continual basis
- You should have a Bachelor Degree in Finance/Accounting or equivalent with a minimum 5 - 6 years General Accounting / Controlling / Tax experience
- English Language proficiency, both verbal and written, with the confidence to express clear opinions and ability to explain financial issues to non-financial management
- Experience of change management and building engagement
- Ability to work well in and across diverse global teams
- Have experience in SAP
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.