Business Analyst - Royalties
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a unique workplace culture that encourages innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energised and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
Productivity Initiatives (PI) is an AstraZeneca function operating under the Group Finance. Our main aim is to embed a “smarter” spending culture and achieve significant and sustainable benefits for such benefits to be reinvested in our strategic priorities and support sustainable growth. We use data and analytics to explore and identify new opportunities across AstraZeneca.
PI has expanded its capability in royalty contract reviews to ensure AstraZeneca’s compliance with contractual pricing arrangements and other contractual requirements across all spend categories and types of contracts.
This role will play an integral role throughout the PI process by performing royalty contract reviews as part of an ongoing Commercial Assurance Programme. You will be working with a cross-functional team of professionals to evaluate, document, propose and implement recommendations on processes in royalty contract reviews on third parties and providing data to support audit findings.
- Review contract terms and conditions to understand obligations in a contract and areas of risk
- Perform data analysis e.g. reviewing accuracy of licensee royalty reporting and payment histories
- Perform process interviews to understand key processes and controls
- Support to identify and calculate cost recovery opportunities through the identification of non-compliance with contract terms by a third party and cost saving opportunities through identification of improvement opportunities
- Interacts with suppliers, business partners and internal stakeholders or external partners to provide updates on third party compliance status, leads requests for information and follow-up on projects until completion
- Presents analysis, recommendations and creative solutions to resolve issues
- Assisting with settlement of audit claims as needed
- Performing other related duties and special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting/Commerce or equivalent with 3 to 5 years relevant experience, working experience in Big 4 will have an added advantage
- Demonstrated sound understanding of complex corporate environment and a good sense of business acumen
- Ability to apply knowledge of auditing techniques, analyse data and make recommendations
- End user’s knowledge and experience in SAP or other ERP system
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A curious mind and desire to keep learning
- Prior experience in contract management or contract compliance is desired but not required
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.