【Global Meeting & Events】GME Meeting Manager
At AstraZeneca every one of our employees makes a difference to patient lives every day. Our science lives beyond our labs –our global perspective means we use talent and expertise from all over the world to make our medicines a success. A new and exciting Global Meetings and Events (GME) team is currently being formed within the Global Business Services (GBS) organization. This team will be responsible for implementing and executing a global Strategic Meetings Management Program (SMMP) across Commercial, Enabling Units and Science Units.
The GME Meeting Manager, reporting into the GME Regional Director, will drive best-in-class meeting and events planning services that are cost effective and deliver value to AstraZeneca. They will have end to end accountability for internal and external meeting execution (face-to-face, virtual and hybrid), liaising with business owners, sourcing and logistics partner to ensure success. This includes vendor review and negotiation, overseeing website development, attendee management, compliance and final program billing and reconciliation. There may be some travel required to assist with on-site logistics for larger, more complex meetings.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The ideal candidate will have strong project management, problem solving , negotiation and interpersonal skills, and be able to work with little supervision. S/He must be highly organized, flexible, thrive in a fast-paced and highly-regulated environment, be willing to collaborate with other areas where needed and handle multiple projects with tight deadlines. S/he should understand the business objectives, corporate culture and be able to keep up with evolving priorities. S/he will contribute to broader organization programs and company goals.
- End-to-end accountability to plan and execute internal and external meetings (face-to-face/virtual/hybrid) by working in collaboration with the business meeting owner and external partners for all aspects of a meeting, including site recommendations, production supplier recommendations, contract negotiations, budgets, catering, creation and ownership of project plan, attendee management, travel arrangements, event agenda and on-site support
- Understand the business priorities and AstraZeneca culture including regulations, policies and reporting requirements
- Provide strong project management with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively across all levels of organizations, both internal and external, with the ability to work across time zones (some early starts/late evenings or weekends may be required)
- Source and recommend virtual meeting format to achieve desired meeting output, suggesting new technologies as appropriate
- Identify creative solutions to find cost saving opportunities while adapting to ever-changing business needs, policies and laws
- Be an active member of the broader GME team to provide benchmarking, best practices and knowledge sharing
- Effectively manage external vendors and internal stakeholders while establishing collaborative relationships
- Travel to and support off-site event delivery and execution when required (up to 30%)
- Experience with large meeting and events planning (100+ attendees)
- Demonstrated financial/budget proficiency
- Have a compliance mind-set with strong focus on adherence to industry guidelines, company policies and financial transparency
- Proven ability to act independently and be resourceful in approach to problem solving
- Strong communications, negotiation and influencing skills; ability to lead to desired outcomes
- Proficiency in MS Office tools (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Ability to travel by airplane, boat, rail and/or car, when required
- College Degree
- Pharmaceutical meeting planning experience
- Experience with Procurement / Commercial Excellence / Marketing in Pharmaceutical industry
- Certified Meeting Planning or Certified Meeting Management Certification
- 3+ Years in Meeting management and/or Travel industry experience
- 3+ Years Project Management experience
- Japan or Australia: 2 Osaka/Tokyo/Sydney
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.