MISSION AND PURPOSE
Our Common Purpose: We push the boundaries of science to delivery life-changing medicines.
Our Bold Ambition: By 2020, AstraZeneca will be a recognized leader in our disease areas, delivering 10 new medicines to patients. Our bold aspiration is to improve the lives of 200 million patients globally and be a $50 billion company in 2025, which means touching approximately 20 million patients with $5 billion sales, roughly doubling the current top line in Japan.
POSITION SUMMARY & OBJECTIVES
The primary purpose of this role is to provide communications advisory to the leadership team, and lead the implementation of the Commercial communications strategy and annual plan. Key to this success will be actively engaging across the business to keep abreast of key information and updates, and ensuring this is disseminated in an appropriate and timely manner to the sales force.
Our commercial team including Sales are key to the success of our business. We are building a strong culture of performance, patient centricity and achievement and celebrating success. Given the growth of the company over the past years, and changes in our business structure, aligned to therapeutic areas and changes in environment, AZKK is now ready to employ another fulltime Internal Communications Advisor Commercial. This appointment will be key in enabling the business to achieve its bold ambition, while fostering engagement within the commercial organization by constantly exposing them to the company’s key strategy and priorities, and externally with key partners and stakeholders.
Key objectives of this role include:
1. Increasing awareness and understanding of AZKK’s strategic direction, organization's purpose, ambition and strategic priorities with the whole organization
2. Promoting products and pipeline to demonstrate the depth, breadth and exceptional offerings of AZKK, and in so doing retaining strong talent and maintain high levels of sales effectiveness and achievement
3. Building the culture of GPTW with all team members being highly engaged and celebrating each other’s achievements
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND EXPECTATIONS
Outlined below is a general summary of duties and expectations, which are a requirement of this role. This summary should not be read as a limit of duties or as an exhaustive list, rather it is intended to record specific requirements and the general theme of the role.
- Development of an annual communications plan for the commercial team
- Development of an annual calendar of key communications and activities for Head of Internal Communications and the leadership team sign-off
Deliver key internal communications activity including:
- Supporting the VPs and National Sales Directors in the development and presentation of Town Hall; team and sales meetings
- Key messaging and content development of all internal communications and programmes, particularly related to the GPTW and Patient Centricity
- Dissemination of key agreed global updates and AZKK wide initiatives, as agreed with the Head of Internal Communications
- Development and delivery of other key communication initiatives as agreed
Lead major portal update and Manage all communication content within the AZKK portal, including:
- Leadership page
- Japan page
Website / Social Media / Other Sales Force channel
- Staff intranet – reviewing and updating content regularly to ensure appropriateness, key messaging and tone and manner for the business. Develop the Intranet so that all Japan members can actively retrieve relevant and up-to-date company and project information, to keep them involved and informed
- Social media – own, manage and maintain all social media channels on a daily basis including Facebook (Workplace) and Linked In, and other bespoke channels such as Veeva and AvatarZ
- Provide general communications advisory and oversight for the business, including key message development, any issues management (should an issue arise) and presentation training of key staff if required
Undertake any other tasks as required to support the Head of Internal Communications and Vice President Sales.
【QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERICENCE】
- A tertiary qualification with a major or focus on marketing, media / communications, English, or PR or equivalent experience
- Alternative to tertiary qualification: 5+ years’ experience in communications or PR
- Experience in writing, publishing and producing a wide range of communications materials in a variety of styles and formats including web based software applications
- Experience in internal communications and employee engagement programs
- Experience in communicating to a broad range of audiences
- Experience in issues management preferred, but not essential
- Ability to understand how current and developing website/internet/intranet/social media technology can be utilized to AZKKs advantage from an internal communications perspective
- Excellent understanding and interest in internal communications
- Good knowledge of the communications and media process
Skills & Competencies
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation and proof reading skills
- Very strong skills in computer systems, especially Microsoft Office – MS Word, Adobe and publishing / web based software. Photoshop and In-design desirable, but not essential
- Great listening skills
- An ability to translate jargon into easily understood language, that is engaging and compelling
- Strong planning, organizational and time management skills
- A brilliant eye for detail
- Collaborative team player
- Works well under pressure / with multiple demands and deadlines
- Has a high level of personal motivation, initiative and adaptability
- Is an innovative person
- Has the ability to think creatively, strategically, independently and as part of a team
- Is discrete and has the ability to maintain the confidentiality of information
- Has the ability to work effectively with a wide range of people and groups from diverse social and ethnic backgrounds
- Resilience within a complex and evolving working environment
【Career level】D / E
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.