Department Assistant – Corporate Affairs – HN
Department Assistant – Corporate Affairs – HN
About AstraZeneca and AstraZeneca Vietnam
AstraZeneca (LSE/STO/Nasdaq: AZN) is a global, science-led biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development, and commercialization of prescription medicines in Oncology, Rare Diseases and BioPharmaceuticals, including Cardiovascular, Renal & Metabolism, and Respiratory & Immunology. Based in Cambridge, UK, AstraZeneca operates in over 100 countries and its innovative medicines are used by millions of patients worldwide. Please visit astrazeneca.com and follow the Company on Twitter @AstraZeneca.
As a Foreign Invested Enterprise with over 550 members, AstraZeneca is investing into Vietnam 310 million USD from 2020 to 2030 with a focus on reducing the burdens of non-communicable diseases, developing local talent, and uplifting the domestic biopharmaceutical R&D and manufacturing capabilities.
Over the last three decades accompanying Vietnam’s sustainable development, AstraZeneca has run several impactful programmes in collaboration with the Government, Ministry of Health and healthcare partners to promote disease awareness, prevention and early detection. In recent years, AstraZeneca Vietnam has received several certificates of merit from the Prime Minister and Minister of Health, for excellent contributions to Vietnam’s vaccine diplomacy, fight against COVID-19 and advancement of cancer treatment and disease awareness. The company has also been recognized among Vietnam’s Top 100 Best Places to Work (2018 – 2022) with various other industry awards from BritCham, EuroCham, and government agencies.
What you’ll do
Job Description / Capsule
The AstraZeneca Vietnam Corporate Affairs (CA) team oversees a variety of areas such as public affairs, government relations, and internal-external communications with a shared vision to protect and advance AstraZeneca’s interests and reputation in Vietnam through building healthcare and sustainability partnerships, policy-shaping and compelling communications.
The CA team is looking for an experienced Department Assistant to support our day-to-day operations and longer-term projects. Qualified candidates must demonstrate strong spirit of dedication, administrative, and finance skills, including taking initiative to address issues and anticipate needs. Candidates must be flexible and adaptable while maintaining excellent organizational and administrative skills in a high-energy, dynamic work environment.
The CA Department Assistant will report directly to the Associate Director of Corporate Affairs (ADCA) and support CA team’s operations and priorities.
(bullet point list)
The position will include various administrative and clerical tasks, communications, planning, and execution. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
Administrative/ Clerical tasks
- Performing administrative support tasks for the Corporate Affairs team
- Support the preparation of papers and dossiers for CA activity management through company system and process under the lead of activity owners.
- Follow up and track official letters, contracts, dossiers of CA Team both in digital versions and hard copies. Ensure that all relevant documentation is properly stored and accessible when needed.
- Managing day-to-day activities of budget areas and executing payments through company systems
- Collaborate closely with the Procurement team on bidding procedures and vendor selection. Prepare and process PR/PO in a timely manner. Provide regular feedback to support agency management and identify areas for improvement.
- Assist in the administration of the Third-Party Risk Management (3PRM) procedure, including vendor evaluation, and re-assessment of existing vendors. Monitor vendor performance and compliance with established agreements.
- Plan and make regular payments for CA’s expenses such as courier fees, association membership fees, document translation fees, digital library subscriptions, etc.
- Supporting ADCA travel and expenses and scheduling.
- Closely follow up with ADCA and CA Managers on budget controlling. Analysing budget data and providing recommendations for final decision making
- Planning and execution of team meetings and events
- Participate in company/ CA events as a project team member, overseeing event logistics, preparations from start to finish, and managing event budgets.
- Collaborate closely with IT to ensure IT support for the site, including network connectivity, telecommunications, copiers, printers, AV-equipment, password and phone system resets, etc.
Compliance & SOP
- Ensure diligent follow-up and tracking of adherence to the Code of Ethics, Compliance, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), while also ensuring timely and thorough completion of quarterly 1st line monitoring for Corporate Affairs activities.
- Keep records of GA Interactions and Community Investment in accordance with AZ’s Global standards
- Developing, reviewing, and improving administrative systems, policies, and procedures
- Executing other admin tasks and special projects as assigned by Line Manager
- Support CA Team in management of company’s digital communication platforms under the lead by CA Manager
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Proven experience in high-level administrative support.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Good English for dossiers preparation and communications.
- Ability to manage confidential information with discretion and professionalism.
- Ability to work effectively in a high pressure and multitasking environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and demonstratable excellence in Excel and Power Point
- Willingness to take responsibility for assigned work, take initiative, seeing it through to completion.
- Ability to manage time effectively, juggling multiple tasks, under time pressure.
- Experience working in a professional office setting like an MNC is strongly preferred.
At AstraZeneca, we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and fuel your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients, and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and is always committed to lifelong learning, growth, and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
What will you get?
We provide driven packages and benefits for proficient and qualified candidates; a winning dream team and colleagues who share ONE values, ideas, and goals.
So, what’s next?
If you are already inspiring yourself to join our dream team, we can’t wait to hear from you.
If you are ready to bring new insights and fresh thinking to the table, Brilliant! We have one seat available, and we hope it’s yours.
If you’re curious to know more then please take initiative to recruitment.Vietnam@astrazeneca.com. We encourage your application.
Where can I find out more?
Visit our website www.astrazeneca.vn
Follow us on LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/company/astrazeneca/
Contact us via recruitment.Vietnam@astrazeneca.com
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.