Sr. Project Manager (Supply Planning) - Newark, DE - Global Operations
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life-changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Senior Project Manager (Supply Planning) in Newark, DE, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives. Operations at AstraZeneca is a truly world-class business unit. It offers one of the most exciting, fast-paced, challenging and rewarding work environments in the world of operations, supply chain and manufacturing.
Global Operations is fundamental to our purpose of delivering life-changing medicines to patients, touching every aspect of our business and providing a platform for everything that we do. We harness the specialist talents of 13,000 people around the world – 20% of our global workforce. With 30 production facilities in 18 countries, we’re focused on supplying our medicines with care, quality, and efficiency, reducing the time from lab to patient. Keen to bridge the gap between science and patients? Turn research into reality? And forge a global career that’s full of possibilities, as part of a world-class team? Come and thrive in our vibrant, energizing, connected and supportive culture and make a real difference to patients. Hear from our Senior Leaders about why they know AstraZeneca is a great place to work. https://lnkd.in/g8APibK
The Senior Project Manager leads and manages projects that support the Americas operations organization and is responsible for all phases of a project including business justification, project initiation, planning, execution, and closure. Project responsibilities also include project team management, stakeholder management, and project communications. The scope of work includes projects or programs related to new product introductions, brand life cycle initiatives, sourcing, and asset strategy, and major supply chain compliance and transformation initiatives within a supply site or supply chain or across supply sites. The development of business cases for potential operations projects is also part of this role. The position is required to interface with global operations colleagues on product launches or global initiatives and with the Americas commercial organization in support of brand projects.
In this position, you are responsible for leading, directing and managing operations projects in support of business and operations strategies and improvement opportunities, including new product introductions, brand life cycle initiatives, sourcing and asset strategies, and major supply chain compliance and transformation initiatives within a supply site or supply chain or across supply sites. You will be challenged to align with and utilize the AstraZeneca Project Management Framework (PMF), including execution of all project phases (justify, initiate, plan, execute and close), serve as champion relative to AZ PMF, provide project management training as needed and use standard project management tools.
Regarding management responsibilities, you will be responsible for doing this for project resources and assign individual responsibilities, project plans (along with the development of these) and budgets and schedules as well as any changes to project scope. You’ll also be responsible to identify and control project risks using the integrated risk management framework.
- Bachelor’s degree required in engineering, pharmacy, chemistry or related science, or business-related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience and demonstrated knowledge in various aspects of pharmaceutical operations, including manufacturing and packaging, and/or other supply chain processes.
- Proven expertise in successfully delivering business-critical projects involving cross-functional participants, stakeholders, and organizations.
- Ability to manage and develop cross-functional teams, plan and execute multiple project tasks, and multiple projects concurrently.
- Demonstrated sound judgment, good business acumen, and strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs).
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, influencing, and communication skills.
- Possess knowledge and understanding of all aspects of product life-cycle management.
- Experience with commercialization and launch of new products.
- Knowledge of and experience with Lean concepts and tools.
- Demonstrated understanding of external customer base and supply chain.
- Proficient in MS suite of software tools (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Project).
- Project Management certification.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.