Manufacturing Maintenance Mechanic - Newark, DE - Global Operations
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life-changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Manufacturing Maintenance Mechanic in Newark, DE, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives. Operations at AstraZeneca is a truly world-class business unit. It offers one of the most exciting, fast-paced, challenging and rewarding work environments in the world of operations, supply chain and manufacturing.
Careers at AstraZeneca within Global Operations. Take a look at our new Operations Campaign page where you will find details of our roles across our UK, US and SE sites. https://lnkd.in/gf9svGh Global Operations is fundamental to our purpose of delivering life-changing medicines to patients, touching every aspect of our business and providing a platform for everything that we do. We harness the specialist talents of 13,000 people around the world – 20% of our global workforce. With 30 production facilities in 18 countries we’re focused on supplying our medicines with care, quality and efficiency, reducing the time from lab to patient. Keen to bridge the gap between science and patients? Turn research into reality? And forge a global career that’s full of possibilities, as part of a world-class team? Come and thrive in our vibrant, energizing, connected and supportive culture and make a real difference to patients. Hear from our Senior Leaders about why they know AstraZeneca is a great place to work. https://lnkd.in/g8APibK
We are searching for first and second shifts.
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for multi-craft maintenance activities in assigned functional areas to ensure production and/or facility equipment operates efficiently and in compliance with FDA requirements.The functional areas within the site include: Manufacturing, Packaging, Warehouse, or Facilities.
- Perform Preventive and Predictive Maintenance on equipment in the assigned areas, including: Inspections, Calibrations, and scheduled overhauls.
- Use analytical troubleshooting skills to recognize system and equipment problems, identify true cause, and recommend/ implement solutions that prevent problem re-occurrence.
- Perform mechanical and electrical equipment repairs in the assigned area, including: set-up/change-over, routine adjustments and fabrication.
- Perform duct cleaning.
- Work with Supervisors, Operators, Engineers, and other Mechanics to identify and implement opportunities to improve equipment/production efficiencies.
- Participate in cross-functional teams as assigned to support continuous improvement or equipment installation/modification.
- Provide training/coaching as needed to other mechanics and operators.
- Perform and document work in compliance with SOP’s, Safety Health & Environment (SHE) standards and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s). To include: work orders, PM’s, logbooks, and permits.
- Respond to multiple equipment/production problems and prioritize or change assignments as needed to meet production demands.
- Must be able to work or be on-call as needed during other/off shifts and weekends when facility, production and/or equipment maintenance coverage is needed.
- Support installation and qualification of new equipment and systems.
- High School Diploma / GED
- Completion of a state-accredited Journeyman or technical school program, or equivalent formal education and field experience or 8–12 years of practical experience.
- Demonstrate commensurate proficiency in at least a minimum of one (1) of the following areas: Mechanical maintenance of production equipment, Utility systems maintenance and repair, Instrumentation and Controls, and/or Mechanical Fabrication/Machine Shop
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.