Maintenance Technician - Newark, DE - Global Operations
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Maintenance Technician in Newark, DE, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives. Operations at AstraZeneca is a truly world-class business unit. It offers one of the most exciting, fast paced, challenging and rewarding work environments in the world of operations, supply chain and manufacturing.
Careers at AstraZeneca within Global Operations. Take a look at our new Operations Campaign page where you will find details of our roles across our UK, US and SE sites. https://lnkd.in/gf9svGh Global Operations is fundamental to our purpose of delivering life-changing medicines to patients, touching every aspect of our business and providing a platform for everything that we do. We harness the specialist talents of 13,000 people around the world – 20% of our global workforce. With 30 production facilities in 18 countries we’re focused on supplying our medicines with care, quality and efficiency, reducing the time from lab to patient. Keen to bridge the gap between science and patients? Turn research into reality? And forge a global career that’s full of possibilities, as part of a world-class team? Come and thrive in our vibrant, energizing, connected and supportive culture and make a real difference to patients. Hear from our Senior Leaders about why they know AstraZeneca is a great place to work. https://lnkd.in/g8APibK
We will be hiring several Maintenance Technicians at first and second shifts.
This position is primarily responsible for the proper operation of the Site’s facility and production related control systems and instrument calibrations.Maintenance Technicians are required to provide technical support to the Maintenance Groups as well as to project engineers and supervisors working on a wide variety of facility and production related capital projects.
- Troubleshooting and repair operational problems with facility or production related equipment or systems.
- Identification, installation and testing of instrumentation.
- Define PLC input and output requirements for facility and production equipment and other control systems.
- Write and edit PLC/HMI programs. Install and test these programs.
- Document all changes made to validated control systems as required by SOP’s in SAP and MDT.
- Prepare software documentation to support validation work.
- Provide technical support for all phases of equipment and system validation.
- Review electrical drawings associated with new equipment procurement.
- Assist engineering personnel with the development of project specifications for new equipment.
- Act as technical liaison to contractor personnel who are performing activities on Site.
- Support the site’s capital program by participating in the design, review installation, and qualifying activities associated with capital projects.
- Support the compliance needs of the site by completing, and assisting others with, any required Change Control Documentation associated with Safety, Health, and Environmental or cGMP issues.
- Support the sites improvement initiatives for changeover reduction, root cause investigation, and asset performance.
- Responsible for the calibration of instrumentation: loops, controllers, recorders, transmitters, balances and other devices used in pharmaceutical production. Parameters include, but are not limited to: temperature, pressure, weight, force and humidity.
- Manage the site test instrument standards program.
- Write and follow SOPs for the use, maintenance and calibration of instrumentation.
- Must be able to work or be on-call as needed during other/off shifts and weekends when facility, production and/or equipment coverage is needed.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Thorough familiarity with the analysis and repair of electrical/electronic control systems.
- Working knowledge of pneumatic systems.
- Understanding of concepts used in control system design and elementary programming is required.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of maintenance experience in troubleshooting, installation, and repair of electrical/electronic system or an Associate’s Degree in a technical discipline and five (5) years of maintenance experience in troubleshooting, installation, and repair of electrical/electronic system.
- Strong organization, decision-making, judgment, and team-oriented skills are essential to manage multiple projects of variable complexity.
- Solid interpersonal skills are required in order to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization in various functional areas.
- Must possess strong written communication and documentation skills.
- One or more of the below qualifications as related to Instrument Calibrations:
- Successful completion of a post secondary education program in metrology.
- Demonstrated calibration experience in a government regulated industry such as pharmaceutical, nuclear or aviation.
- Armed services experience and training in a calibration function
- Professional certification from a nationally recognized body such as the Instrument Society of America (ISA)
- Company sponsored instrument apprenticeship/qualification program.
- Thorough familiarity with the analysis and repair of electrical/electronic control systems and a working knowledge of pneumatic systems. Familiarity with HVAC controls, packaging, manufacturing and material handling equipment/systems is also desirable
- Strong background in mathematics and computer applications to include database management software and PLC/HMI operations
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.