Formulation Process Operator - Newark, DE- Global Operations
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Formulation Process Operator in Newark, DE, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives. Operations at AstraZeneca is a truly world-class business unit. It offers one of the most exciting, fast paced, challenging and rewarding work environments in the world of operations, supply chain and manufacturing.
Global Operations is fundamental to our purpose of delivering life-changing medicines to patients, touching every aspect of our business and providing a platform for everything that we do. We harness the specialist talents of 13,000 people around the world – 20% of our global workforce. With 30 production facilities in 18 countries we’re focused on supplying our medicines with care, quality and efficiency, reducing the time from lab to patient. Keen to bridge the gap between science and patients? Turn research into reality? And forge a global career that’s full of possibilities, as part of a world-class team? Come and thrive in our vibrant, energizing, connected and supportive culture and make a real difference to patients. Hear from our Senior Leaders about why they know AstraZeneca is a great place to work. https://lnkd.in/g8APibK
This position is responsible for operating a variety of Formulation equipment/processes to ensure production requirements are met, while following company policies/procedures and maintaining compliance with FDA and other Global Regulatory requirements.
This is a second shift opportunity.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Must demonstrate ability to properly operate equipment, perform equipment set-up/change-over/cleanups, assist in preventative maintenance and troubleshoot equipment problem.
- Performs responsibilities ensuring compliance with Newark Site standards, policies, and SOP’s, as well as performing job responsibilities in compliance with AstraZeneca Safety, Health & Environment standards to include: following and properly completing all activities while in compliance with GMP policies, safety requirements, and ensuring required documentation.
- Works with Process Facilitators and other Operators/Mechanics/Technicians to identify and implement opportunities for improvements in equipment/production efficiencies. Supports new equipment start-up and quickly learns new systems, equipment and procedures. Supports the development/validation of new products/procedures.
- Must be flexible in responding to changes to equipment/production assignments.
- Must be able to demonstrate good interpersonal skills and work in a team environment, with other operators, mechanics, technicians, supervision and project management with the goal of completing planned production and furthering Newark Site and AstraZeneca initiatives.
- Must be able to work other shifts, weekends, alternative schedules when production demands require.
- High School Diploma
- One year experience in a production environment
- Demonstrated problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Basic computer skills
- Good interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of cGMP’s.
- Three years experience as an operator in a production environment, pharmaceutical experience a plus
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.