Digital Scientist, Associate Director, Oncology Digital Health
Advances in digitalization, data and advance analytics are changing industries at pace with the pharma industry showing signs of movement
The Digital health Market will grow by more than $300M and at 29% CAGR over the next 3 years, with new applications in digital showing in phase 3 studies significant benefits for patients including overall survival in Cancer
AstraZeneca has prioritized digital in R&D as a critical strategic area of focus by 2025, as part of the overall company strategy
Digital in R&D journey incorporating 3 key stages
- Stage 1 – foundational, reimagine how we work, by maximizing the use of digital, data and analytics transform processes within R&D to gain significant benefits on speed of the portfolio (goal 9 months acceleration) productivity (goal -20% reduction in cost per patient per year) quality at source, patient experience and probability of success
- Stage 2 – advanced, reimagine clinical trials to improve patient outcomes, example redefining patient populations, remote clinical trials, patient apps to reduce/manage adverse events and improve patient outcomes (OS), using data from EHMr and RWE instead of control arms, and through PROs and continuous patient monitoring, creating new end points enabling studies in earlier stages of disease (ctDNA changes) prolonging significantly patients lives
- Stage 3 – futuristic, reimagine healthcare, examples, AZ as a healthcare provider beyond medicines for certain indications (example: Breast Cancer, proving monitoring, predictive analytics and therapies for improved outcomes), full integration of Multiomics (imaging, genomics, proteomics …) to better predict and significantly improve patients health
Are you seeking an opportunity to be part of an innovative team focused on ground-breaking initiatives within the digital health space? Are you ready to play an important role in reimagining clinical trials to improve patient outcomes? This role (based in New York, NY or Gaithersburg, MD) will play an important role in efforts detailed in stage 2 and stage 3 across Oncology. Oncology is the largest therapeutic area in AstraZeneca in the future and is growing at significant pace, with a portfolio that will make AZ top player in the industry in the next decade.
What we do
At AstraZeneca, we lead our industry in our development of a strong and varied pipeline. This means our people are here to win, we give you a breadth of opportunities to be curious and do cutting edge, unique work that has big impact on science and medicine. We explore innovations and confront challenges that others won't, in order to have a greater impact on patients' lives.
Within AstraZeneca's Digital Health R&D, we prioritize improved patient experience and outcomes. We are contributing to the transformation of healthcare by re-setting expectations on how to augment patient outcomes by using digital health solutions in combination with life-changing treatments. This is a strategic priority that we are scaling rapidly from a significant number of pilots in the last 5 years. We seek strong talent to join our teams.
What you’ll do
- Design and implement scalable digital solutions in clinical trials across Oncology R&D applying a multi-modal data collection approach
- Deliver strategy for digital health solutions together with the Oncology teams
Essential for the role
- Advanced degree required (Master’s or above)
- Experience in pharmaceutical industry with strong understanding of drug development
- Experience in oncology preferable
- Passionate to improve patients experience and outcomes
- Experience in Digital Health with a strong understanding of Healthcare
- Strong influencing skills
- experience bringing innovation that is solving complex and multi-dimensional issues from an operational, technical, financial and human perspective
- Integrity and trust -- unwavering commitment to "doing the right thing"
Desirable for the role
- Passion for customers, representing the needs of multiple customers in decision-making
So, what’s next!
- Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it’s yours.
Where can I find out more?
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.