Coagulation Institutional/Hospital Sales Specialist-Manhattan, NY
Are you an experienced Sales Professional looking to be part of a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? If you’re passionate about what science can do to make a difference to patients' lives and ready to discover what you can do – join us.
Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
As a Coagulation Institutional/Hospital Sales Specialist, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives within our Coagulation Franchise. You will help lead the growth and expansion of our innovative and unique product portfolio, following FDA approval, for providers addressing life-threatening bleeds for patients.
What you’ll do
- Develop and maintain superior clinical expertise with our Brand (s) and disease state in order to effectively educate and engage Institutional healthcare professionals in a dialogue about clinical evidence, approved indications, and product efficacy/safety profiles to support on-label prescribing for appropriate patients.
- Provide education to these Institutions and HCPs about AstraZeneca products in appropriate patients and providing information about available patient support programs.
- Where appropriate, collaborate and align efforts with internal AZ partners to engage with key institutions/HCPs, including partnership with other sales teams, medical, and market access teams as needed and aligned to Compliance Guidelines.
- Develop expertise in understanding of their IDN’s, account / market dynamics, stakeholder mapping / management, referral network navigation, access, account department drivers, patient pathway, etc. This includes developing, maintaining, and executing Strategic Key-Account Plans, providing account and patient-focused solutions, and connecting the right solution to the right account partner.
- Function independently demonstrating a high-degree of sales proficiency to drive sales performance and ensure sales forecasts and assigned budgets meet or exceed therapeutic and territory expectations.
- Successfully complete training requirements, including product and disease-state examinations.
- Gain formulary approvals, implementation of protocols, and order sets, as appropriate, through effective development of a strategic targeting plan by using promotional, personnel resources, and analytical tools to maximize efficiency in assigned sales geography, based on local assessment of customer needs.
- Proactively identify business opportunities, present value propositions aligned to stakeholder needs and objectives, and recommend solutions to drive and develop business.
- Provide special education to healthcare providers through appropriate programs that fall within AstraZeneca's ethical guidelines.
- Be expected to consistently challenge themselves to grow and develop, ask for feedback in an effort to raise awareness and gain insight into their strengths and developmental needs.
- Collaborate across functional areas to drive outcomes that align to organizational objectives, demonstrate AZ values, understand basic business principles and interpret resources available to make sound business decisions.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 3 yrs of Pharmaceutical/ Biotech Sales experience with 2 or more years hospital selling experience
- Internal candidate must be Career Ladder Level 2 and above
- Strong scientific acuity in a highly driven environment
- Demonstrated experience and mastery in account management
- Proven demonstration of successfully engaging key partners in complex cross functional teams and clinical environments (mid to senior level healthcare professionals, key accounts and the medical community)
- Proven, documented track record for delivering consistent, 'Top-tier' sales results in Institutions and hospital systems
- A valid driver's license and safe driving record
- Ability to travel within territory on a regular basis
- (Internal AstraZeneca Candidates) Ideally should be at least Executive PSS (CL 4) or Sr, Executive PSS (CL 5) at time of consideration
- 6 years Biotechnology/Pharmaceutical sales experience, including 3 years biotechnology/Pharmaceutical sales experience calling on Institutions and Hospital Systems
- Sales experience in the thrombosis or cardiovascular space
- Experience influencing formulary decisions
- Experience working with Medical Information Scientists (MIS)
- Experience launching new products
- Demonstrated effective time management, organizational and communication skills to prioritize opportunities and execute flawlessly
- Demonstrated effective leadership
- Demonstrated judgment and decision-making capability
- Be results oriented
- Ability to learn, analyze, understand and convey complex information
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.