Medical Science Liaison Manager Hematology & Nephrology - Nordwest
This is a fixed term contract to cover Northwest Germany
This is what you will do:
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is a field-based scientific expert that strategically supports the medical and scientific objectives of Alexion’s product/s across the product/s life cycle. He/she is a peer scientific expert who communicates accurate and applicable science to Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) within a geographic area. He/she manages and maintains collegial and professional relationships with KOLs and identifies and facilitates collaboration opportunities with Alexion. He/she combines strong business acumen and clinical expertise and serves as a peer-to-peer liaison internally and externally. He/she ensures a close working relationship with all functions in their region, including sales, and market access.
You will be responsible for:
- Develop and maintain peer-to-peer collaborations with key medical experts in pediatric and adult hematology and nephrology and adjacent specialties within the assigned region and become recognized and educate the medical community with up-to-date medical and scientific information
- Identify and execute collaboration opportunities between expert KOLs in hematology and nephrology and Alexion medical affairs and clinical development such as publications, investigator-initiated trials, regional advisory boards, training and speaker development programs.
- Communicate experts’ opinion, feedback on new data and clinical trends to Alexion Medical Affairs, therapeutic area (TA) franchises and translate this information into strategic recommendations to enhance science and advance patient care.
- Respond to unsolicited medical information requests in the region, manage questions, liaise with headquarters to ensure proper response has been provided and ensure that data is fair and balanced.
- In conjunction with clinical operations perform clinical study feasibility and support effective study implementation.
- Deliver quality medical education presentations in a variety of settings and obtain valuable feedback that can be disseminated throughout the organization e.g. Staff Meetings, Round Tables, Hospital Meeting activities.
- Serve as an Alexion-internal expert in therapeutic area demonstrating up-to-date and high-level therapeutic expertise. Train Alexion staff on key scientific and medical topics in TA.
- Attend appropriate national and international meetings and congresses to gather intelligence, assist personal education, ensuring to utilize these opportunities to develop relationships with important HCPs for the geographic area of confidence.
You will need to have:
- Relevant life-science degree (MD, PharmD, PhD, Master or Diploma)
- Sufficient experience in the Pharmaceutical / Biotechnology industry as either an MSL or sound experience in scientific sales
- Strong ability and experience to present complex scientific data
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Excellent organziational skills and ability to work independently, at the same time being fond of being a part of a cross-functional team
- Willingness to work home based and travel within the region and to medical meetings, team meetings and other group meetings (could require some weekends)
- Strong personal initiative, and functioning well as part of a cross-functional team
We would prefer for you to have:
- Previous experience in an rare or ultra-rare disease environment is a distinct advantage.
- Well-established networks and active relationships with TA-focused experts
- Experience in the launch of new products
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.