Senior Marketing Manager - Oncology
Reporting to the Director, Marketing – Women’s Cancer / Hematology, the Senior Marketing Manager (SMM) – trastuzumab deruxtecan (approved in the US under the tradename Enhertu) will lead a team in launching this dynamic brand into the Canadian marketplace for HER2 breast cancer patients. The SMM is an inspiring ambitious leader with a passion for customer engagement and putting patients first. You play to win but do the right thing and act with integrity, even when it is difficult.
Your role in helping us accelerate our launch uptake and achieve our ambition is:
- Lead the Canadian launch and guide the team to make Enhertu the standard of care for HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer
- Have ownership of the brand, lead a cross-functional team and provide strategic direction to the sales team all with a passion for putting the patient at the center of everything we do.
- Maximize the forward-thinking potential of the brand through cross-functional development and execution of the Brand Strategy, Positioning, Segmentation and Operational Plans for Enhertu across several lines of therapy in HER2 breast cancer.
- Manage a team including empowering, mentoring and developing a direct report (Marketing Manager (MM) – Enhertu) and you will play a pivotal role in hiring this candidate.
- Responsible for collecting and reporting Adverse Events in accordance with AstraZeneca policies and procedures.
You are joining a team of ambitious individuals driven to build a culture that is science and patient-focused, agile and high-performing. Your role within the Oncology Business Unit will be to work positively with the other Oncology functional team members to improve innovation and to positively disrupt the marketplace to create opportunities to help patients and customers.
- University degree in science and/or business
- Oncology, breast cancer or specialty care experience is preferred
- Solid understanding of Product Management with previous Launch experience preferred
- Experience delivering innovative patient-centric digital marketing initiatives
- People Management experience is a definite asset
- Strong planning skills and critical thinking skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience successfully leading a team is an asset
- Well-developed impact, influence and coaching skills
- Financial acumen inputting on forecast assumptions and budget spend maximization
- High self-awareness with the ability to build positive relationships using your strong interpersonal skills
Our purpose is ambitious and so is our approach. Becoming a more agile and innovative company means building a dynamic, inspiring culture where we celebrate forward thinking and act quickly. We are daring, taking smart risks and learning from both success and failure. We are curious, creative, and open to new ideas and new ways to work. Above all, we are passionate about science and driven to always put patients first. Are you ready to move forward in your career? Join us and be part of an extraordinary place to work; an environment that energizes and empowers each of us to achieve our goal.
Great People want to work with us! Find out why:
- GTAA Top Employer Award for 6 years:https://reviews.canadastop100.com/top-employer-astrazeneca-canada
- Best Workplace Culture Award at the 2018 Canadian HR Awards:https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/thriving-best-workplace-culture-gena-restivo/
- Learn more about our culture:https://www.linkedin.com/posts/genarestivo_greatpeople-greatplacetowork-topemployers2020-activity-6608742174811049985-N-8G
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.