Senior Manager, Patient Centre of Excellence
The Senior Manager, Patient Centre of Excellence (PCoE) position is responsible for supporting the design, implementation and evaluation of patient-centric programs within PCoE to drive patient empowerment, through patient data, engagement and communication.
AstraZeneca Canada’s 2025 Ambition for the Patient CoE is build an AZ Patient Centre of Excellence accountable to:
- Lead and guide the organization to think differently; to embrace patient centricity; to instill a patient centric focus; identify what is required by function to enable patient centricity, i.e. patient research, data, ways of working, etc.
- Engage patients and patient groups in strategy and tactical development planning to ensure mutually beneficial value creation
- Identify, build and execute relevant patient support programs that specifically meet the needs of, and empower, the targeted patient populations; consider where common platforms can exist between TAs
In general, Patient CoE will be responsible for enhancing 1) the operational excellence of the Industry leading patient support program through development of governance structure around standardization and PSP data analytics, 2) capabilities for gaining improved insights from in-house data sets, and 3) empowerment of patients through strategic tactics and using technology and digital solutions.
- Develops and implements PCoE strategies and processes that are related to data and engagement
- Works with cross-functional partners from Access, Business and other functional units
- Implements strategies and programs to measure the achievement of established goal
- Works with PSP leads to build a seamless patient journey mapping
- Prepares budgetary recommendations that meet functional goals and provide for effective management of resources
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Science or any quantitative study
- Proven experience working in a large organization and/or functional business unit with a customer/patient centric focus
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, excellent presentation and facilitator skills
- Excellent leadership skills with ability to positively influence decisions
- Good understanding of cross-functionality in patient-centric approach
- Have experience of healthcare data, platforms and applications
- Solid understanding of market access and pricing implications
- Ability to design and implement SOPs to safeguard patient data/insights and privacy
About AstraZeneca Canada:
Our purpose is bold and so is our approach. Becoming a more agile and innovative company means creating a vibrant, dynamic culture where we celebrate entrepreneurial thinking and act quickly to inspire change. We are courageous, taking smart risks and learning from both success and failure. We are curious, creative, and open to new insights and ways of working. Above all, we are passionate about science and driven to always put patients first. Join us at our great place to work; an environment that energizes and empowers each of us to achieve our goal to develop and deliver medicines.
Great People want to Work with us! Find out why:
- GTAA Top Employer Award for 6 years: https://reviews.canadastop100.com/top-employer-astrazeneca-canada
- Best Workplace Culture Award at the 2018 Canadian HR Awards: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/thriving-best-workplace-culture-gena-restivo/
- Learn more about our culture: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/genarestivo_greatpeople-greatplacetowork-topemployers2020-activity-6608742174811049985-N-8G
Are you interested in working at AZ? Apply today!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.