Senior Manager, Health Economics and Payer Evidence
At AstraZeneca, we are united by a common purpose – to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines. This purpose underpins everything we do; our work helps to make hearts healthier, to help people breathe easier, and to help more people survive cancer. Every single day, we make a difference by delivering potentially life-changing medicines to millions of people worldwide and by leading breakthrough science that promises to transform the treatment of disease.
Our purpose is bold and so is our approach. Becoming a more agile and innovative company means building a dynamic, inspiring culture where we celebrate entrepreneurial thinking and act with a sense of urgency. We are courageous, taking risks and learning from both success and failure. We are curious, creative, and open to new ideas and ways of working. Above all, we are passionate about science and driven to always put patients first. Join us and be part of a great place to work; an environment that energizes and empowers each of us to achieve our goal to develop and deliver medicines.
Position Title: Senior Manager, Health Economics and Payer Evidence
Position Type: Full-time, Permanent
Career Level: E
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Are you analytically-focused and motivated by building forward-thinking strategies to improve decision-making? Do you love building models to improve strategic direction? In this position, you will use your analytical skills to make a difference in the lives of Canadian patients.
- You independently lead the conceptualization of the economic models, plan modeling strategies and identify proper data that are aligned with model strategies. Your data sources include clinical trials, health-related quality of life studies, costing studies, systematic literature reviews and indirect treatment comparisons, retrospective database analyses, prospective physician or patient epidemiological studies
- You provide strategic and technical expertise to key influencers and internally, and demonstrate experience of developing health economic strategies
- You provide guidance in the development of strategies/gap analysis to demonstrate the value of disease/products within the Market Access/Medical Affairs focusing on outcomes valued to payer and clinical decision-makers
- In collaboration with Medical Evidence lead, you generate the evidence necessary to maximize the commercial value of product(s) by demonstrating product differentiation and economic value
- You ensure timely development of high quality deliverables (e.g. submission dossiers, cost-effectiveness & impact models and other supporting materials) to support the value proposition to HTA agencies and payers
- You develop communication/publication strategies for given product and ensure all research is conducted with a high level of scientific rigor
- You build a network of external influencers (economists, clinicians, academics)
- You lead and facilitate advisory boards to validate economic evaluation strategies
- You develop a record of peer-reviewed publications/presentations, and attend and present at external meetings including conferences and HTA meetings
- You manage multiple projects and product budgets to target as directed as well as interact with vendors in the execution of projects
- Coach/mentor to Health Economics colleagues; may formally lead/supervise a member of the health economics team
- A Master’s degree, or equivalent, in a numerate subject (e.g. health economics, medical statistics, management science)
- 5+ years of pharmaceutical or health-related experience in a role involving reimbursement-related activities or health policy, or similar government experience.
- Experience in building health economic models (partitioned-survival analysis, Markov models, discrete event simulations), preferably for Oncology products
- Experience/knowledge of survival analysis and/or individual patient analysis (cohort studies), or network meta-analyses is desirable
- Experience building other payer evidence systematic reviews, network meta-analysis, survival/statistical analyses, and budget impact models
- Advanced research and analytical skills; ability to derive insights from large datasets as well as work with ambiguity and synthesize value-based recommendations based on small, incomplete datasets
- Experience of previous HTA submissions to pCODR/CDR, INESSS, and private payers
Great People want to Work with us. Find out why:
- GTAA Top Employer Award for 5 years: https://content.eluta.ca/top-employer-astrazeneca-canada
- Best Workplace Culture Award at the 2018 Canadian HR Awards: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/thriving-best-workplace-culture-gena-restivo/
- Learn more about our Global Careers: https://www.youtube.com/user/AstrazenecaCareers
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.