Senior Manager, Diagnostics - Oncology
Reporting to the Director, Diagnostics– Oncology, this position will be pivotal in building a “best in class” Oncology capability at AstraZeneca. You are joining a team of individuals in a culture that is science and patient-focused, agile and high-performing. Your role within the Oncology Business Unit will be to work closely with Oncology Senior Brand Managers to build new ways to work and identify alignments and opportunities for learning and shared platforms.
The Senior Manager, Diagnostics ensures diagnostic activities help increase awareness, quality and access to diagnostic tests for optimal patient selection.
Build diagnostic strategy
- Develop, evaluate and deliver the diagnostic brand strategies for current and future Oncology products, working closely with the Oncology brand teams
- Working with the Field-based Diagnostic Liaisons, generate new insights to build the national brand strategy and tactics
- Ensure in-market companion diagnostics / testing excellence for all product launches, including market readiness evaluation to inform go/no go decisions.
- Develop and deploy diagnostics related marketing collateral to support in-market, and future, diagnostic tests, for the life cycle of the diagnostic test.
Develop strategic partnerships
- Assess different testing options and select/qualify diagnostic partners and testing labs
- Identify and collaborate with national diagnostic and clinical opinion leaders to identify, design and execute activities to optimize the provision of diagnostics associated with the respective Oncology brands. Examples of activities include market research, advisory boards, webinars, conference symposiums, etc.
- Remove barriers to testing through collaborative partnerships with diagnostic companies, lab networks, KEEs and HCPs
- Help develop testing pathway robustness in all key national clinical centres, including local protocol support, working on identifying and removing bottlenecks in testing pathways, e.g., in genetic counselling
Support testing by improving the testing environment
- Monitor diagnostic testing environment and market trends
- Identify issues in current testing landscape and closely collaborate with external contacts to develop solutions to remove or minimize barriers to diagnostic testing, e.g., by optimizing testing pathways
- Experience with a broad range of diagnostic technologies, pathology leaders/tests, and marketing
- Launch experience of a diagnostic, therapeutic, or device
- Proven track record of critical thinking aligned to strategic direction, judgment and influencing skills to ensure strong commercial/medical focus with excellent execution
- Able to build compelling business cases
- Oncology experience
- Proven demonstration of effective cross-functional project team leadership including budget ownership
About AstraZeneca Canada:
Our purpose is bold and so is our approach. Becoming a more agile and innovative company means creating a vibrant, dynamic culture where we celebrate entrepreneurial thinking and act quickly to inspire change. We are courageous, taking smart risks and learning from both success and failure. We are curious, creative, and open to new insights and ways of working. Above all, we are passionate about science and driven to always put patients first. Join us at our great place to work; an environment that energizes and empowers each of us to achieve our goal to develop and deliver medicines.
Great People want to Work with us! Find out why:
- GTAA Top Employer Award for 6 years: https://reviews.canadastop100.com/top-employer-astrazeneca-canada
- Best Workplace Culture Award at the 2018 Canadian HR Awards: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/thriving-best-workplace-culture-gena-restivo/
- Learn more about our culture: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/genarestivo_greatpeople-greatplacetowork-topemployers2020-activity-6608742174811049985-N-8G
Are you interested in working at AZ? Apply today!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.