Professional Education Lead
Job Title: Professional Education Lead
Function: Business Strategy & Commercial Operations (BSCO)
Location: Mississauga, ON (Hybrid)
This is what you will do:
The Professional Education (Prof. Ed.) Lead is a new role at Alexion Canada and will report into the Director, BSCO. As the country lead, this role will shape and execute education priorities with excellence, innovate to influence practice change and elevate our capabilities to ultimately support better patient outcomes. In doing so, you will be at the forefront of establishing the leadership of Alexion in rare disease professional education space in Canada and across the Alexion global network.
When we put unexpected teams in the same room, we unleash bold thinking with the power to inspire life-changing medicines. In-person working give us the platform we need to connect, work at pace and challenge perceptions. That’s why we work, on average, a minimum of three days per week from the office. But that doesn’t mean we’re not flexible. We balance the expectation of being in the office while respecting individual flexibility. Join us in our unique and ambitious world.
You will be responsible for:
- Identify emerging physician education needs to bridge knowledge, attitude, and skill (KAS) gaps through customized education interventions
- Ensure appropriate knowledge translation to drive clinical practice change
- Plan, develop, and deliver innovative, strategically aligned accredited, non-accredited and/or co-developed educational initiatives with physician associations and Key External Experts (KEEs)
- Lead cross-functional initiatives across multiple brands to implement valuable educational programs aligned to our strategic direction. Your work will encompass approved indications as well as future portfolio launch indications.
- Diligent vendor management to ensure education initiatives meet compliance guidelines and Alexion standards
- Align cross-functional partners, including Medical to capture scientific narrative in content, and Sales to optimize field implementation
- Develop and cultivate high value partnerships with KEEs, Collaborators, and Professional Bodies with a high degree of integrity
You will need to have:
- University degree: Bachelors in Science, Business or related field. Masters preferred
- Previous Oncology, Rare Disease and/or Specialty experience is required
- Solid understanding of industry professional education practices and guidelines
- Strong project management and leadership skills (planning, development, and implementation/field mobilization); experience in implementing virtual/hybrid Prof. Ed. programs is an asset
- Knowledge of accrediting bodies and options for program accreditation in Canada required
- Thorough understanding of adult learning principles
- Previous experience in continuing health education or professional education would be an asset (internal candidates); is required (external candidates)
- Willing to travel extensively; including overnight and weekend travel
- Demonstrated interest and ability to move to positions of increased responsibility in the future
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.