National Professional Education Manager - Oncology
At AstraZeneca, we are united by a common purpose – to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines. This purpose underpins everything we do; our work helps to make hearts healthier, to help people breathe easier, and to help more people survive cancer. Every day, we make a difference by delivering potentially life-changing medicines to millions of people worldwide and by leading breakthrough science that promises to transform the treatment of disease.
Our purpose is bold and so is our approach. Becoming a more agile and innovative company means creating a vibrant, dynamic culture where we celebrate entrepreneurial thinking and motivated by a sense of urgency. We are courageous, we seek risks and learn from both success and failure. We are curious, creative, and open to new ideas and ways of working. Above all, we are passionate about science and driven to always put patients first. Join us and be part of a great place to work; an environment that energizes and empowers each of us to achieve our goal to develop and deliver needed medicines.
Position Title: National Professional Education Manager - Oncology
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
Location: Mississauga, Head Office
Career Level: D
Reporting to the Director, Marketing – Lung/IO, you will be a key leader in building a “best in class” Oncology capability at AstraZeneca.
AstraZeneca has a strong heritage in Oncology and has rebuilt its leadership position since two 1st in class launches in 2016 – LYNPARZA for BRCAm Ovarian Cancer and TAGRISSO for EGFR T790M NSCLC. With multiple launches since that date, including immuno-oncology agent IMFINZI in the curative setting of Stage III unresectable NSCLC and Calquence for Mantel-Cell Lymphoma, the future ambition for Oncology at AstraZeneca is high.
Oncology is one of three core therapeutic areas globally, exploring four key mechanisms to target and attack tumours, including
- Tumour Drivers and Resistance Mechanisms
- DNA Damage Response and
- Armed Antibodies/Antibody Drug Conjugates
Science and patients are at the heart of what we do as we look to launch in multiple new tumour sites over the next 18 months.
To facilitate this growth, the Oncology Business Unit is expanding our footprint in Professional Education, with this new role focused on our Lung Cancer and Immuno-Oncology Franchise.
If you are an entrepreneurial leader with a passion for customer engagement and putting patients first, this role is for you. If you play to win but do the right thing and act with integrity, even when it is difficult, you will grow with AstraZeneca.
Your role in helping us achieve our leadership ambition will be to:
- Initiate and oversee the planning, development & implementation of innovative, strategically aligned accredited, non-accredited and/or co-developed educational initiatives with physician associations and Key External Expert (KEE) Steering Committee members.
- Work across two brands (TAGRISSO – EGFR NSCLC and IMFINZI - Stage III NSCLC) to build valuable educational programs aligned to our strategic direction. You partner with the relevant Medical and Marketing Managers for development and implementation. Your work will include currently approved indications as well as launch indications for Imfinzi in Hepatic Cell Carcinoma, Bladder Cancer, metastatic NSCLC and Head & Neck Cancer
- Diligent vendor management to ensure programs are delivered on budget and on time while being consistent with program objectives and compliance guidelines
- Work closely with the cross-functional teams, including Medical to ensure scientific leadership in content and Sales to ensure optimal field implementation
- Communicate and collaborate with Professional Education Managers in other Business Units to share new ways to work and seek opportunities to streamline and harmonize CHE programs
- Build high value partnerships with KEE's, Stakeholders, and Professional Bodies with a high degree of integrity
- Integral member of the OneLung Leadership Team
- University degree
- Previous experience working within Oncology and/or Specialty education is strongly preferred
- Ability to grasp new information quickly, including new scientific data
- Strong knowledge of industry CHE practices (internal and external guidelines) and understanding of how to interpret and work within IMC Framework
- Knowledge of accrediting bodies and options for program accreditation in Canada required
- Strong project management skills -- planning, development, implementation and management of projects
- Proven ability to influence with strong networking and negotiating skills and focused on building strong team cohesion
- Experience in working with National and International level Key External Experts
- Thorough understanding of adult learning principles
- Previous experience in CHE, would be an asset (internal); is required (external)
- Ability to travel
Great People want to Work with us! Find out why:
- GTAA Top Employer Award for 5 years: https://content.eluta.ca/top-employer-astrazeneca-canada
- Best Workplace Culture Award at the 2018 Canadian HR Awards: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/thriving-best-workplace-culture-gena-restivo/
- Learn more about our Global Careers: https://www.youtube.com/user/AstrazenecaCareers
Are you interested in working at AZ? Apply today!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.