Strategic Health Initiatives Manager
Play a valued and central role in powering the global enterprise
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
This is the place to drive change – to challenge the norm, take ownership, make quick decisions, and run with them. A global community, our strength is in our strong network – a two-way exchange of sharing and learning that enhances our ability to make an impact.
With an unstoppable drive to learn we’re problem-solvers by nature, taking every opportunity to dig into complex challenges and feed our curiosity.
Background & Qualifications
- 4 years university degree (preferably in Economics, Finance, Science, Engineering, Pharmacy),
- Advanced command of written and spoken English,
- At least 7 years of related (Finance, Business Development, Market Access and other relevant functions) experience in pharma industry,
- Managerial role experience in pharma industry would be an asset,
- Knowledgeable in localization operations,
- High interpersonal, communication and presentation skills,
- Able to effectively function and lead in a cross-functional team environment,
- Able to multitask and to meet deadlines,
- High degree of analytical problem-solving skills and the ability to make reliable, objective judgments and proposals,
- Driving License,
- No military obligation for male candidates.
Summary Job Description
- Managing Business Case (BC) processes for AZ (AstraZeneca) portfolio (registration, pricing and reimbursement);
- Creates business strategies to deliver global endorsement in order to initiate access processes,
- Ensures acceleration of access timelines by close follow up of BCs at global level and by delivering positive outcomes,
- Leads and coordinates relevant internal stakeholders (e.g commercial, medical) to create BCs in due time,
- Interaction w/ global and regional stakeholders to respond their questions and expectations,
- Represents AZ Turkey in the assessment platforms of BCs and deliver the key messages to the key global stakeholders,
- Ensures delivery of final decisions for BCs through the relevant databases/systems in due time,
- Supports Regulatory, Pricing and Reimbursement Units particularly in financial calculations (e.g P&L, price).
- Managing of budget periods for Regulatory Affairs & Market Access (RA&MA) related processes;
- Coordinates regulatory, pricing and reimbursement units for determination of key assumptions,
- Ensures delivery of required information from RA&MA for the relevant budget periods to finance department (price, co-pays, competitor data, timelines, environmental threats and opportunities etc.).
- Main ownership and management of investment initiatives;
- Establishes localization strategy and ensures execution of all required steps in collaboration with the relevant internal, external and global stakeholders,
- Leads the execution of project and ensures fulfillment of initiative requirements,
- Holds primary responsibility for achievement of scope, cost, schedule for the initiative,
- Manages team interaction on assigned initiative.
- Enhances and facilitates team communication and coordination.
- Determines scope, planning and scheduling requirements of the initiative.
- Manages localization strategy in collaboration with Government Affairs (GA),
- Ensures the delivery of data/reports required by the authority
- Establishes communication messages to be delivered among key stakeholders
- Performs visits to relevant stakeholders to deliver the key messages
- Shapes localization strategy of company based on the local requirement,
- Asseses further localization opportunities from all perspectives (e.g financial, technical, governmental) and manages global interactions to establish strategies.
- Creates / delivers unique solutions/strategies to overcome the issues in case of critical issues
- Monitors the pharma and regulatory environment to track health policy changes and their implementations,
- Updates AZ Turkey management and global teams regarding the progress on the initiatives and environmental changes,
- Acts as the point of contact for local and global teams to achieve the milestones of initiatives.
- Manages interactions with CMOs, (Contracted Manufacturing Organization)
- Represents AZ Turkey in front of relevant authorities (when necessary in collaboration with GA) and association levels in terms of localization.
A group of problem-solvers, we’re at our best when we’re coming up with ideas. This is not the place to be constrained by norms, we are adaptive and dynamic – able to shift priorities in an agile way. Here we are focused on finding better ways to partner with the business and help AstraZeneca achieve its ambitions. We think strategically, see the bigger picture, connect diverse areas and create solutions – all whilst harnessing disruptive new technologies. If you want to make a change, this is the place to do it – you’re encouraged to think deeply, challenge how it’s always been done, and take smart risks. There’s big investment in developing our home-grown talent – we are always learning, developing new skills and spotting opportunities.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazenecaturkiyekariyer/
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.