Director, Site Management & Monitoring, Oncology
At AstraZeneca, we unlock the power of what science can do. Empowered to explore, everyday we work towards our ultimate aim – treating, preventing, modifying and even curing complex diseases.
With an unwavering belief in following the science, we unleash our curiosity. Investing in key areas, harnessing innovative technologies and taking smart risks. Help to shape the future of healthcare as we take our pipeline from strength to strength.
Embrace an environment built on lifelong learning. Never complacent, we seek opportunities to expand our knowledge. The place to build a long-term meaningful career.
Here we get to develop and grow – whether that’s working at the leading-edge or on varied stages and molecules. Working on things that have never been done before.
In return, when great science comes alive, we have the opportunity to get published.
We stand together behind a shared ambition. United by our collective passion for having a positive impact on patients’ lives. Important work that is both meaningful and fulfilling. With the potential to reach over a billion patients across the globe who are living with these complex diseases.
Background & Qualifications
- University degree, preferably from Healthcare related areas (Pharmacy, Veterinary, Chemistry, Biology, Medical etc. Faculties),
- Advanced level of English,
- Minimum 5 years of experience in clinical research field preferably in oncology (CRA / Sr. CRA / LSAD/ADCR/LM) or other related fields if experience is adequate.
- Minimum 2 years experience for Local Study Manager position in Oncology area, preferably
- Line Management experience, preferably
- Proven project management experience
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, verbal and written.
- Excellent organisational, analytical, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks,
- Basic coaching skills and good at team work,
- Financial management skills,
- Effective planning and organizational skills with result-oriented approach,
- Stakeholder management experience,
- Analytical thinking, critical reasoning ability,
- Good command of MS Office applications,
- No restriction to travel,
- Driving License,
- No military obligation for male candidates.
Summary Job Description
- Manage change with a positive approach for self, team and business. Sees change as an opportunity to improve performance and add value to business.
- Ensures adequate resources for the studies assigned.
- Development and performance management of direct reports.
- Ensures that direct reports have development and training plans, according to IDP process.
- Coaches the direct reports on a regular basis, and plans/organises coaching with external providers if needed.
- Contributes to efficient Clinical Research Departmant organisation and its functioning at country level by working closely with responsible Director, Oncology Country Head, Clinical Research Department.
- Contributes to high quality feasibility work.
- Oversees successful delivery of Clinical Research study delivery country level targets to plan, with speed and quality.
- Contributes to the quality improvement of the study processes and other procedures.
- Ensures all systems are continuously updated.
- Ensures completeness and timeliness of the eTMF to maintain it “Inspection Ready”.
- Assists Director, Oncology Country Head, Clinical Research Department or Local Study Associate Directors /CRAs/teams in forecasting study timelines, resources, recruitment, study materials and drugs.
- Provides direction to LSADs/teams on major study commitments including resolving any key issues identified.
- Supports Clinical Research Departmant region in initiatives/activities as agreed with Director, Oncology Country Head, Clinical Research Department.
- Ensures collaboration with local Medical Affairs team.
- Ensures that study activities at country level comply with local policies and code of ethics.
- Reviews SQV reports of direct reports in line with AZ SOPs
- Reviews Accompanied site visits/co- monitoring visits/training visits/QC visits performed to direct reports in line with the local QC plans.
- Performs accompanied site visits/co-monitoring visits/training visits/QC visits according to local QC Plan, supporting ongoing coaching and development.
A high performing team, we work hard to not just meet but go beyond the needs of patients and the wider healthcare industry We leverage our partnerships with external experts across the industry, to create and communicate evidence that changes medical practice. As a partner for many, we effectively communicate complex ideas whilst seeking to understand ever-changing needs and requirements. Our valuable contribution and scientific expertise is responsible for advancing our pipeline and accelerating our pathway to finding a cure.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazenecaturkiyekariyer/
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.