Financial Business Analyst
Financial Business Analyst
Location: Brussels (office-based, hybrid)
We are seeking a dynamic Financial Business Analyst to join our Team and play a pivotal role in making data-driven decisions within our organization. In this role, through a strong business understanding, you will drive forecast models by improving valuable business insights, provide performance analysis and proactively propose solution to improve performance and forecast accuracy. Usually participate in a brand team to link business insights with current performance.
- Lead together with the Franchise Lead, the patient model updates during budget cycles
- Prepare the different forecast models and consolidation files by brand and onco total by looking at different parameters (volumes, SKU’s, Gross and Net sales)
- Ensure actual reconciliation in the models by adjusting key KPI’s based on gained market insights
- Lead Price-Volume variance analysis
- Benchmark KPI’s with other countries and global guidance
- Monitor monthly brand performance through strategic data analysis, dashboard and automation of data processing
- Analyse competitor data (KPIs, sales, etc.) and provide monthly update to Onco Leadership Team (OLT) / Brand teams
- Monitor monthly brand performance through actual sales analysis in close collaboration with the Sales Managers at national and regional level
- Monitor Key Account and territory performance and support the business with analytical insight to identify action plans to improve performance
- Analyse stock trends and order patterns to drive better understanding of monthly sales
Market Access case
- Support development of business cases / P&Ls for Market Access through the different approval steps in order to gain approval for reimbursement
- Drive actual monitoring and understand impact of sales on market access key assumptions of existing contracts
- Support declarations of reimbursement contracts from financial point of view
Alliance forecast management
- Co-drive the Alliance Forecast Exercises (AF) for alliances within Oncology together with Franchise Leads and local alliance partners: preparing patient models update, system upload, variance analysis
- Monitor monthly actual performance and lead quarterly actual updates towards the region
Ad hoc analysis
Support any ad hoc analysis for Oncology teams – eg. Preparing arguments for strategic decisions, scenario building etc.
- Strong and senior working experience as a Financial Analyst or Business Insights Manager ideally in the pharmaceutical industry
- Master’s degree in Finance or Economics - a must
- Proficient English
- Proficient French and/or Dutch - encouraged
We balance the expectation of being in the office while respecting individual flexibility. That’s why we work, on average, a minimum of three days per week from the office.
We are an international team with plenty of opportunities to learn, grow and develop new skills. By joining us, you will have the chance to create a real difference in the lives of patients every day. You'll work closely with internal and external experts, encouraging cross-functional collaboration and growing your professional network. We value empowerment and trust in our employees.
Furthermore, you will craft processes and receive the appreciation and acknowledgment you deserve for your valuable contributions.
We’re dedicated to being a phenomenal Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and fuel your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients, and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare. Be among our employees who continue to make us a company that stands firmly among the leaders in biopharmaceuticals.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.