Delivery Lead – Project Manager
Would you like to apply your expertise in project leadership in a regulated GMP environment, in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the right place for you!
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Delivery Lead - Project Manager to complement our existing Drug Product Delivery (DPD)team in Gothenburg, Sweden.
AstraZeneca is one of the world’s most exciting biopharmaceutical companies. From scientists to sales, lab techs to legal, we’re on a mission to turn science into life-changing medicines that improve patients’ lives and benefit society. AstraZeneca is committed to the development of the next generation of innovative medicines. We need great people who share our passion for science and have the drive and determination to meet the unmet needs of patients around the world.
Drug Product Delivery (DPD) within Clinical Manufacturing & Supply packs, labels and distributes investigational medicinal products to clinical trial patients. We support launched, pre-launch and products under development within all our therapeutic areas. We work in a fast-paced environment where flexibility and agility enable us to deliver high value to early phase clinical trials.
What you’ll do
You will contribute to the DPD organization applying your expertise in the complex and regulated GMP environment. The area of project leadership varies and depends on business demand and current requirements. It could be to a lead pharmaceutical project as a DPD representative in the Supply Chain Team or to lead facility/equipment/process improvement projects. All activities will have a significant impact on the speed, quality and cost of the AZ development portfolio.
Your responsibilities will include:
• To optimize the design of high quality clinical trial kits to ensure effective processes for packaging, labelling and distribution to ensure on time delivery to our clinical trials.
• Develop and implement recommendations for improvements of processes or equipment to increase efficiency and effectiveness. This can include projects related to purchase or improvement of equipment used for packing, labeling and distribution.
• BSc/MSc in chemistry/pharmacy/engineering or equivalent experience. Preferably 5 years’ experience within pharmaceutical development
• Good understanding of principles, applications and management of SHE and GMP in an R&D environment
• Good understanding of corporate business goals with the capability to convert them into technical solutions fit for the new drug product portfolio within Astra Zeneca R&D
• Demonstrated ability to work with teams in a culturally diverse, complex and changing environment both internally and externally
• Curious and innovative mindset with problem solving ability - resolve complex issues with minimal guidance
• Demonstrate the drive, energy and decision making to deliver projects with a high degree of personal credibility
• Business leadership skills and a strong technical background with awareness of innovations and new packaging and engineering technology within the industry
• Understanding the disciplines in Drug Product Delivery, Supply Chain and Pharmaceutical Development in order to contribute to an effective Supply Chain organization
About AstraZeneca Gothenburg Hub
Our stunning campus in Gothenburg is one of AstraZeneca’s three strategic science centers. The site is home to over 2,500 employees, from 50 different nationalities. Gothenburg includes the complete range of functions, and as such offers plenty of development opportunities for a wide range of professionals. Our science teams in Gothenburg collaborate with academic and industry partners in Sweden and globally. And the site itself has been designed with collaboration in mind. From the Coffee Lab to exercise areas, we’ve built a series of environments where innovation can happen.
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table and be part of our excellent team – apply today and we’ll make it happen together! We welcome your application no later than March 12th, 2021.
Where can I find out more?
- Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
- Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
- Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca/
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.