US Medical Director DDR/ADC Breast
At AstraZeneca, our aim is to help improve the outcomes of breast cancer patients with the ambition to one day eliminate cancer as a cause of death. Throughout our history, our innovative science has led to practice-changing medicines for patients with breast cancer, and although we have come so far, there is still much to be done. We are committed to fostering our research to redefine the breast cancer treatment paradigm.
Breast cancer remains a focus for AstraZeneca. As our understanding of the features that fuel this complex tumor type grows, the way we classify breast cancer and how to treat it will undoubtedly change, something we are spearheading at AstraZeneca. We are leading an exciting phase of scientific discovery and innovation and are identifying ways of improving outcomes for patient populations that are associated with poor clinical outcomes.
The US Medical Director, DDR/ADC Breast based in our Gaithersburg, MD office is a strategic member of the Medical Affairs - Core Medical Team. You are accountable for the design and execution of the Medical Plan, and the alignment of US Medical Affairs scientific activities in support of the brand objectives.
- Responsible for the alignment across Medical Affairs areas as well as aligning with the global and commercial teams regarding the medical plan
- Represents Medical Affairs on the brand team
- Lead strategy and alignment of medical affairs at congresses
- Responsible for the delivery of medical and scientific insight back to the Business and to formulate/modify ongoing strategy plans
- Own the US medical affairs strategy, alignment, and execution of launch plans for new products and indications
- Plan and manage Medical Affairs budget
- Lead cross-functional project teams including vendor programs and advisory boards
- Advanced degree in Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Medicine, Biological sciences or equivalent experience
- Prior proven experience, preferably in Medical Affairs with relevant work in Breast Cancer
- Solid understanding of medical strategy, clinical development, and field medical activities
- Ability to work optimally in a cross-functional team environment
- Demonstrated experience with developing and executing strategic plans
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in a matrix organization
- Highly developed written, verbal and presentation skills
- High Emotional Intelligence with self-awareness and strong interpersonal skills
- Advanced scientific degree (MD, Ph.D., PharmD)
- Experience in developing and maintaining External Experts relationships
- Experience in navigating complex business challenges
- Experience in a strategy-setting role within Medical Affairs
- Solid understanding of FDA requirements
- Knowledge and/or expertise in disease or therapeutic area
- At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, groundbreaking cutting edge methods, and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey
- Are you already envisioning yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you
Where can I find out more?
- Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
- Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
- Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca has taken critical steps to protecting colleagues, loved ones, and patients from COVID-19 and its variants. COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US employees, and weekly PCR COVID-19 testing is required for those who are unvaccinated or have an approved accommodation.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.