Supply Chain Finance Business Partner
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
The Therapeutic Area (TA) Supply Chain Finance Partner is part of the Biologics Operations Finance team. The team provides Business Partnering support to the Biologics External Sourcing (BES) and Global Supply Chain and Strategy (GSCS) teams within AZ Operations. The team supports key supply chain decision making and performance management such as Cost of Goods, Inventory, Business Development, Strategy assessments and Major CMO contracting.
The TA Supply Chain Finance Partner is responsible for finance support to Global Supply Teams within a Therapeutic Area (CV/Respiratory/Oncology/Established) or for a portfolio wide oversight of e.g. network strategy. Your key business counterpart is the VP TA leads within Global Supply Chain and Global Supply & Strategy Directors within the TA with whom you work closely to ensure close support and finance challenge into the supply chain and into Global External Sourcing. You support brand teams directly or draw on support from the wider team to provide such support in which case you oversee this support. This role will also serve as the main business partner for the Global Tech Ops (GTO) team within Biologics Operations. The GTO team is responsible for key technical projects that help drive the productivity within the various brands. They also support pipeline products and next generation manufacturing technologies.
AstraZeneca Operations manages a network of ~30 manufacturing sites and in addition sources material from ~200 CMOs. Global Supply Chain and Strategy (GSCS) has end to end accountability for the design and delivery of AstraZeneca’s brand supply chains. Key financial performance indicators include maintaining gross margin of ~80% and optimizing inventory ($3B) whilst enabling a supply chain that enables AZ growth and launch of new product. This requires close interaction with the Science, Strategy and Commercial areas and driving supply chain efficiency through site activity. Biologics External Sourcing (BES) has the responsibility for the management of all large molecule sourcing from external suppliers.
The business partnering activity is wide and varied, mainly brand aligned. You and your peers will be working with a variety of customers in a fast-moving environment; including Supply Chain teams, Supplier Relationship management teams, and the Operations Procurement function. You will provide insightful and commercial input to business decisions, challenge key forecasting assumptions and deliver financial analysis of key risks and sensitivities. You will enjoy engaging confidently with third parties in the negotiation of contracts and in shaping supply and collaboration agreements will be key. In addition, you will also be expected to provide support and guidance to other members of the finance team, as well as building links with the broader Operations and AZ finance organizations. Good awareness of AZ products, especially late stage pipeline and recent launches would be important.
The role broadly includes the following key components:
- Business Strategy & Decision Support: To support key business & investment decisions in Global Supply Chain, GTO and BES through ensuring dynamic resource allocation, targeted at value-creating opportunities, advising and guiding senior business leaders, using an excellent knowledge of customer requirements, balanced with an understanding of internal culture and climate
- Business Performance: To drive financial performance such as COGS development and Inventory optimization and associated business activity, to deliver and communicate performance and business planning reports, and to advise senior management on key drivers
- Continuous Improvement, Governance and Coaching: To take a lead in driving continuous improvement in Finance processes and capabilities and to lead financial risk management and financial governance in area of accountability
- Delivery of Global Supply Chain & Strategy, Biologics External Sourcing and Operations Finance functional scorecards
- Focus and 360 survey results
- Feedback from finance networks and business customers
- Quality of business cases and decisions support materials
- Optimizing COGS and Inventory for AZ
- Budget attainment for Bio Ops & GSCS
- Timely, accurate and insightful performance reporting
- Conformance with key process deliverables and timelines
- Bachelor's degree (preferred in Finance or Accounting)
- 5 plus years industry experience
- Successful business partnering and impactful influencing with VP/executive level stakeholders
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, including oral & written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong drive, ability to connect to the changing needs of the business and forward thinking in creation of solution development
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and business case development
- Demonstrable knowledge of global and corporate business context
- Experience of Supply Chain and manufacturing finance
- Certified/Qualified Finance Professional or equivalent working experience
- Track record of successfully driving inventory and COGS improvements
- Product Costing expertise
- AZ system and process knowledge from global supply chain: SCORE, SAP
- Successful track record of developing others and strong coaching skills
- Experience of working in a global pharmaceutical organization
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.