Statistical Science Director, Late Oncology
This position could be based our office in Gaithersburg, MD; Waltham, MA; Wilmington, DE; or South San Francisco, CA.
Play a critical role in making our pipeline accessible to patients.
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, Biostats? Would you like to apply your skills to impact all phases of drug development and regulatory interactions, in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
Join the team dedicated to Oncology, with an ambition to eliminate cancer as a cause of death. It’s our big vision that unites and encourages us. With multiple indications and high-quality molecules at all stages of our innovative pipeline, we keep pushing forward. Fusing cutting-edge science with the latest technology to achieve breakthroughs. Backed by investment, we are striving to deliver 6 new molecular entities by 2025.
We work on some of the most sophisticated and exciting challenges. A fast-paced and agile team, we are empowered and trusted to innovate and experiment. With access to our extensive capabilities and comprehensive pipeline, you’ll be involved in countless submissions and a wide range of engaging projects along the complete drug development process.
The Statistical Science Director provides technical leadership as an expert for a number of statistical processes and systems that ensures effective collaboration between a technical services group and AstraZeneca regional sites and customers.
- Lead strategic, statistical thinking and contributions to clinical development plans
- Through collaboration with experts, develop design options and provide quantitative decision support
- Innovate and improve study design through adaptive design and Bayesian methods, including trial simulation
- Improve statistical methodology, processes and delivery activities
- Oversee internal and external statisticians in the delivery of analysis and reporting
- Interpret and present clinical trial results.
- A Statistics, Biostatistics, Mathematics related MS Degree.
- 5 years of experience of clinical trials, ideally in pharmaceuticals or healthcare
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A collaborative mindset
- Genuine commitment to drive innovation to advance statistical science
- Oncology experience would be an advantage
- Ph.D. Statistics or Mathematics with high statistical component.
- 7+ years of relevant experience
AstraZeneca has taken critical steps to protecting colleagues, loved ones, and patients from COVID-19 and its variants. COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US employees, and weekly PCR COVID-19 testing is required for those who are unvaccinated or have an approved accommodation.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.