Sr. Trademark Specialist- Paralegal
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing.
We are seeking an ambitious and hardworking professional to join our paralegal team as a Senior Trademark Specialist. In this role, you will demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, business and legal judgment and in-depth trademark law knowledge and experience to partner with stakeholders and help expertly lead the company through the full trademark life-cycle – evaluating new trademarks, leading prosecution and maintenance, enforcement and defense actions as well as business transactions (assignment, licensing).
In this capacity, you will provide the business with cost-effective and timely legal support concerning US and foreign trademark matters.
- Managing Trademark availability assessment projects globally.
- Prosecution and maintenance of US trademark applications and registrations. Directing foreign outside counsel’s prosecution and maintenance of non-US applications and registrations.
- Trademark enforcement/defense matters globally.
- Communicating with business clients and outside counsel regarding trademark and copyright matters worldwide.
- Trademark-related transactional work including licensing, divestments, acquisitions, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Eight (8) or more years trademark paralegal experience
- Significant domestic and foreign trademark paralegal work experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Collaborative, detailed, performance-driven, professional, looking to expand knowledge and responsibilities over time
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team
- Paralegal Certificate
- In-house trademark experience
- Pharmaceutical industry experience
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.