Senior Marketing Manager, EGFR Precision Medicine (Gaithersburg, MD)
AstraZeneca’s vision in Oncology is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm, with the aim of bringing six new cancer medicines to patients between 2013 and 2020. A broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused principally on four disease areas - breast, ovarian, lung and hematological cancers. As well as other tumor types, these are being targeted through four key platforms - immunotherapy, the genetic drivers of cancer and resistance, DNA damage repair, and antibody drug conjugates, underpinned by personalized healthcare and biomarker technologies.
The Senior Marketing Manager, EGFR Precision Medicine is responsible for the tactical execution of the EGFR Precision Medicine Strategy. This position will report into the Director of Precision Medicine and Nurse Education (PM&NE), and will work in close partnership with the PM&NE team, members of the EGFR brand team and cross functional partners. This position is based at our Gaithersburg, MD campus, headquarters for the US Oncology and the Oncology Business Unit.
Essential Job Functions:
- Support in-market EGFR companion diagnostics / testing excellence for all product launches, including market readiness
- Identify issues in the current testing landscape and working with external stakeholders to develop solutions to remove or minimize diagnostic barriers to therapy use
- Work cross-functionally with the US Brand team, Global Diagnostic teams, and companion diagnostic partners to align strategies, tactics, and lifecycle planning (such as market needs, approval timelines, launch strategy, messaging, customer segmentation, and medical conferences)
- Monitor diagnostic testing competitive environment and market trends
- Assess various testing options in the market and make recommendations on diagnostic partners and testing labs
- Removing barriers to testing through collaborative partnerships with diagnostic companies, lab networks and Health Care Professionals (HCPs)
- Possess strong business acumen and interpersonal skills
- Ensure highest level of adherence with AstraZeneca’s regulatory, legal, and compliance policies
- Bachelor's degree
- 5-7+ years Pharmaceutical experience
- 3-5+ years Oncology experience
- Finance experience and understanding of forecasts, budgets, financial processes and tools
- Understanding of portfolio planning processes is a plus
- Cross-functional team experience
- Experience in project management and strategic planning processes and tools
- Strong interpersonal, communication (written and oral), organizational, relationship building, and consulting skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead team of functional and technical members to achieve outcomes
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.