Senior Manager DS&AI Product, Oncology
Make a greater impact on lives through a digitally enabled enterprise! We are working towards our aspiration of shaping the future of Pharma. Backed by investment at every step, we harness the latest technology, data and innovative ways of working to introduce new approaches that put Digital at AstraZeneca’s heart.
Be part of a chapter that’s still being written. Trusted and empowered to change the way things are done, with the tools and support to get you there. Here we are free to unleash our curiosity and turn thinking into reality. Where smart risks and quick decisions come together to power disruption and innovation.
Senior Manager, OBU Commercial Data Science & AI is a key contributor in the Commercial Data Science & AI team whose mission is to take a patient-centric, data-driven approach to personalize and transform healthcare delivery to the millions of patients along with a multi-disciplinary team of physicians who care for them. This responsibility involves working closely with cross-functional Science, Medical, and Business leaders to identify, prioritize, and develop DS & AI Products and solutions across AZ Oncology Business Unit (OBU).
This position is based on site at our Gaithersburg, MD campus, headquarters for the US Oncology and the Oncology Business Unit. The Gaithersburg site (metro Washington D.C.) offers various amenities to help boost efficiency and help keep our employees happy and healthy. This includes a fitness center, employee healthcare clinic, electric vehicle charging stations, dry cleaning, a full-service cafeteria, state-of-the-art on-campus Daycare facility, and copy center. This is where you’ll find newly designed, activity-based workspaces to suit a variety of working styles while strengthening collaboration between teams.
The scope of this role is Global, serving all the markets where AstraZeneca’s life-changing medicines are approved to help patients live longer and realize AZ’s bold ambition of eliminating Cancer as a cause of death.
- Be a thought leader in Data Science, building and supporting new capabilities. Develop awareness, understanding, and adoption of Data Science solutions across US Commercial Leadership Team.
- Support tumor level prioritization of data science workstreams for a given therapeutic area and support long term planning to ensure effective delivery of data science products to meet critical business needs across an expanding oncology portfolio.
- Collaborate closely with other business functions: Insights and Analytics, Medical, Marketing, Sales to ensure data science techniques applied to patient level data result in meaningful and actionable outcomes for the business.
- Help develop and support data science solutions that achieve our omnichannel ambition and overall promotional effectiveness. This includes partnering closely with team members that support omnichannel initiatives to deliver promotional mix analysis, next-best-action suggestions, and field & digital integration.
- Support the regular assessment of data sources and other external vendors that can offer innovative solutions to elevate delivery of data science products to the business.
- BA/BS degree; preferably Advanced Quantitative Degree (e.g., Statistics, Engineering, or Economics)
- 3+ years of pharmaceutical or biotechnology experience working for a biopharmaceutical company or other relevant industry (e.g., management consulting, market research, investment banking)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, to build and develop cross-functional relationships with team members
- Experience contributing to large scale end-to-end data science projects with demonstrated success improving business outcomes
- Comfortable with some data science techniques such as supervised and unsupervised ML modeling to solve classification, regression or other predictive analytics problems using appropriate tools (R, Python, SQL etc.).
- Has some experience or familiarity with data science tools and environments (S3, Athena, SageMaker, Git, etc.)
- Knowledge of secondary patient-level data sources including claims, EMR, GPO or other relevant pharmaceutical data
- Advanced Degree in relevant field (e.g., MD, MBA, PhD or MS)
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity.
Where can I find out more?
• Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
• Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
• Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.